• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: SST-50 / SST-90 MAG C / D Deluxe Heatsink ***Ready to ship***

lupuz

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: SST-50 / SST90 Deluxe Heatsink ***Ready to ship***

I' ll take one SST90 Heatsink and a Reflectot with 16mm opening!

47 $ including registered mail option!

Paypal sent! Transactioncode 56W823573Y562900S

Last edited:

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is there anything special about the reflector other than it having a 16mm opening? Is it made specifically for either heatsink?

Last edited:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take one SST-90 heatsink and 16mm opening reflector.

$45 PP inbound.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take one for the SST90

PP coming shortly

EDIT, :paypal: Transaction ID #6US89388M7746701L

Any plans to produce a Mag C version for the SST50 ?

Last edited:

Britelumens

Enlightened

Hi QtrHorse,

It's a metal MOP reflector with a custom opening of 16mm, specially bore out for the SST-90 heatsink. And its known to work with many difficult emitters and it produces very nice smooth focus.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

Is there anything special about the reflector other than it having a 16mm opening? Is it made specifically for either heatsink?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Jo

Deluxe SST-90 heatsink $21.00 each
Metal MOP reflector with 16mm opening ( for SST-90 ) $18 each

Two SST -90 heatsinks and Two Reflectors please :paypal:

Thanks Dave

Last edited:

supasizefries

Enlightened

:takeit:

1 x deluxe sst-90 heat sink - $21.00
1 x 16mm MOP reflector - $18.00
1 x registered shipping - $8.00

Total: $47.00

Paypal coming momentarily.... :paypal::thanks:

Last edited:

Britelumens

Enlightened

Hi Guys,

supasizefries has got the last SST-90 heatsink.
All SST-90 heatsink temporary sold out.

More are on the way and once ready to ship I will update this thread again for the SST-90. Give me a couple of days :D

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

sadtimes

Enlightened
Re: SST-50 / SST90 Deluxe Heatsink ***Coming your way***

So, is there ONE driver, that has 9 A output and dimming modes + strobe ?
Shark drivers cost lot a money...remeber hi TAXES by Finnish custom...

No. From my understanding you will need 3 Buck Sharks (at 29.00 bucks each) wired in parrellel to feed 9 amps...

Someone correct me if I am wrong..

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast

yay i missed it :eek: Is the 16mm opening OP reflector supposed to replace Mag standard reflector?
I hoped that you can also sell same SST-90 so i can saves on shipping.

thanks.

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

Jo, any more pics of the reflector? Can you confirm if it is the same height or longer than the stock Mag reflector? All the aftermarket reflectors I've tried are a tad shorter than the Mag reflector which will not work for me in Mag C LED mods using the heatsinks that I use.

Thanks

Britelumens

Enlightened

Hi darkzero,

Could you elaborate? May I know if you meant that the reflector does not sit low enough for the Mag ring to be fully screw in?

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

Jo, any more pics of the reflector? Can you confirm if it is the same height or longer than the stock Mag reflector? All the aftermarket reflectors I've tried are a tad shorter than the Mag reflector which will not work for me in Mag C LED mods using the heatsinks that I use.

Thanks

Drewfus2101

Enlightened

Paypal Sent! #66C79400MA967431U

Deluxe SST-50 heatsink $21.00 each
Metal MOP reflector with 15mm opening $15.00 each

Shipping: $6 + $1
Total: $43

shipping via regular airmail

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Joe they look nice. Have you actually mounted an SST Emitter and tried to focus them in a MagLite? I found the pedastal needed to be around .200 taller than the P7 heatsink to focus properly and looking at the pictures appears the pedestal is lower than the lip of the heatsink.

It appears by the pictures to me that this will not work. I have built a few of the SST-50 LED's in mag hosts and to properly focus the LED using the *stock* reflector the pedestal protrudes into the reflector around .200 of an inch. It barely looks like you have the height with your current design.

Mac

Last edited:

Britelumens

Enlightened

Hi Mac,

Unfortunately I am still waiting for the emitters to arrive, or I would have have them taken with it. However, based on the data sheet I have design in a way that upon placing the emitter. The point "A" which is the frame of the die will be the same or tad taller than the pedestal.

Only when I receive the emitter, hook it up. Then I will have the answer.
In the event if it should be that few 0.** different, and that matter a lot of the beam. I will provide a solution.

sst50dp.png

I will keep everyone posted when I got my sample emitters.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

Britelumens

Enlightened

Sorry, the "A" I meant refer in line with the top of the brown part in the emitter picture above which is the height of the frame. Not the height of the emitter.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

wquiles

Flashaholic

Hi Mac,

Unfortunately I am still waiting for the emitters to arrive, or I would have have them taken with it. However, based on the data sheet I have design in a way that upon placing the emitter. The point "A" which is the frame of the die will be the same or tad taller than the pedestal.

Only when I receive the emitter, hook it up. Then I will have the answer.
In the event if it should be that few 0.** different, and that matter a lot of the beam. I will provide a solution.

sst50dp.png

I will keep everyone posted when I got my sample emitters.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

Jo,

Please don't take this the wrong way, put you sold us these heatsinks as "ready" for the SST-50/90, but now you are sharing with us that you actually have not test them yet?

I bought them with the understanding that you had already test them. Isn't that premature and risky on all of us buying them? What if the heatsinks we get now don't work well?

Will

Last edited:

Britelumens

Enlightened

Hi Will,

The design were made with accordance to the datasheet of the SST-50 and SST as per I design the P7 emitters. The only issue could be how tight the focus one may need and that could perhaps due to the type of reflector use etc..

What I am providing here is not launching a premature product recklessly, rather hope to let those who felt confident about my item get these first hand and work with them first hand than waiting endlessly for someone to provide such a product easily available and affordable.

Like Mac who have faced issues with my heatsinks during the very early stage when I work with him. I issue a FULL REFUND to him if he is unhappy or felt too troublesome to rework the part.

I always stand by that if anyone has any issue he can't solve by himself and wanted a refund. ;)

That is how I work.

With regards,

Jo @ Britelumens

wquiles

Flashaholic

Hi Will,

The design were made with accordance to the datasheet of the SST-50 and SST as per I design the P7 emitters. The only issue could be how tight the focus one may need and that could perhaps due to the type of reflector use etc..

What I am providing here is not launching a premature product recklessly, rather hope to let those who felt confident about my item get these first hand and work with them first hand than waiting endlessly for someone to provide such a product easily available and affordable.

Like Mac who have faced issues with my heatsinks during the very early stage when I work with him. I issue a FULL REFUND to him if he is unhappy or felt too troublesome to rework the part.

I always stand by that if anyone has any issue he can't solve by himself and wanted a refund. ;)

That is how I work.

With regards,

Jo @ Britelumens

Jo,

Fair enough - that sounds more than reasonable. We will certainly try them out and give you feedback on how they work, or if they need some tweaking for the next run.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have one SST-50 on hand, so I look forward to receiving the heatsink ;)

Will

Britelumens

Enlightened

Hi Will,

You are most welcomed! And I always looking forward for feedback like what Aircraft800 did when he propose me to have the P7 pedestal bring a tad lower to have a "short" look. And it was realized.

This forum belongs to everyone hence every feedback counts.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

......We will certainly try them out and give you feedback on how they work, or if they need some tweaking for the next run.

Will