G2 build

thermal guy

Flashaholic
So ended up putting a glass lens in to replace the stock plastic one, a P90 and some Fenix 700 mah 16340's. And I got to say it's not that much brighter then stock😂😂 I know and understand the laws behind perceived brightness and that to double the way it looks you need to quadruple the output and all that stuff and it is a much cooler light now and it was fun to do but if I'm honest if I had to do over I'd probably leave it stock.

I do have a 320 lumen coming in so will see what that's like.

scout24

Flashaholic
If your P90 on 2 RCR's isn't noticeably brighter than a P60 w/2 primary 123's, something's not right.my P90's have a bunch more "fill" in addition to a brighter hotspot.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ok ya it's brighter no doubt. Just not as much as I figured it would be. But it's only what a 45 lumen jump from the p60 to the p90 right? So I'm hoping the 320 I have coming in from lumens factory will be close to 200 that might work.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys I have a G2 that I want to play around with my plans are to run a HO-9 High Output
9V, 320 Lumens High Output from lumens factoryOn 2 16340 rechargeable Now my question for anyone with experience with this Dropin? Will this kill my p60 in terms of output and throw? Throw is what I'm looking for and would like to stick with incandescent. Any recommendations? Thanks

The HO-9 output is IMHO equivalent to the P91 LA in terms of output or 200 SF lumens. It is not a thrower per say, again my opinion but will illuminate an object nicely within 50 meters. The P60 is a better thrower but lacks the output of the HO-9.

kelmo

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
If the HO-9 gets me 200 otf that would be a big improvement over the p90. That IIRC is something like 105. The p90 is pretty close to what I'm looking for so a 100 lumen gain will be great.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok ya it's brighter no doubt. Just not as much as I figured it would be. But it's only what a 45 lumen jump from the p60 to the p90 right? So I'm hoping the 320 I have coming in from lumens factory will be close to 200 that might work.

Seems like maybe your RCR cells are weak. I couldn't believe that difference when I first tried it back in the day. Maybe try to some new RCR cells or get some IMR cells?

Just shining a 9P next to a 6P both on fresh batteries is a huge difference in brightness to me.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ok so HO-9 showed up and won't fire up.other then I got a DOA bulb does anyone now what the problem might be.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yep! I'm figuring it out now. The big spring I believe it's the negative spring is to big in diameter and is not making contact with the metal insert inside my G2. But why is in not working in my 6P ? Only host it will work in is my MD3 where the big retaining ring contacts that spring. Dam

archimedes

Flashaholic

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya this thing is driving me nuts. If it's not contacting the metal sleeve in my G2 I get it. But why is it not working in my6p?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
So it's my batteries?! After popping 2 p60 lamp modules "don't ask" I tried using 2 primary cells and works in every host I have. Dim of corse but it works. So it's my batteries. The length of my primary and Fenix 16340 are close enough to be exact so what's the deal? Is it tripping the safety in them? Before ordering it I asked about using 2X protected 16340's and they said it should work.