Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: GatLight SIGN UP FOR ROUND 2

Curves are sexy! :thumbsup:

I like the redesign.

-DF

Free

Enlightened

I like the new design as well. I also like the look of those Hex screws, and I ordered one with philips and one with Hex, and I think I want to change them both to Hex (still debating between black and silver).

What is the best e-mail to send an order change to, and what information do you want to be included in such an e-mail. Sorry if I have opened a can of worms. :)

rmacias

Enlightened

Mobile1:

I don't speak for the majority but I would say don't ask and just do it. The new design is a refined improvement. Please proceed immediately. :thumbsup:

RJM

yellow1

Newly Enlightened

i'm going to go against the majority (so far), and say i like the straight/angular version.

however, i'll take either way you do it, because i'm sending in paypal today :)

there is one question i did want to ask... is there a definite difference in light output between the 168S and 123 versions? and.. will there be a 168S AL version in the works?

Last edited:

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Yellow thanks for your comment (my wife actually prefers straight as well). The light output is the same for both versions, runtime is about 2.5 times longer for the 168S.

So far we don't offer a 168S version since we suspect that the AL bars will be too weak. However we have a 168S AL prototype manufactured soon - to test this assumption.

Changes to your order (screws) please email them to orders at gatlight.com .

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: GatLight SIGN UP FOR ROUND 2 (design-change!)

As long as the new design will not delay production at all, that's fine...otherwise, I'm totally fine with the old style and would prefer that to waiting (longer). :)

JM-99

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Time and costs will stay the same (but we finish up the design this week). Of course if we decide to do the new one (still need to hear back from someone who ordered quite a few lights) and someone doesnt like the new design but signed up already - we would offer a refund.

scrappy

Enlightened

Just put my order in for one 123 stainless... I don't care what you do with the design, they both look great.

Congrats on a cool looking light.

Rich

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

ppsign.gif
for 1 stainles steel cr123 version.

I like the new design much better. It will give me a good place to epoxy some tritium vials. I'm having a really tough time trying to find a safe place for some tritium on the original design.

Amorphous

Enlightened

Walter,

Please consider adding a clip for this awesome light will be very cool. More people can carry it and will showcase to others. I think McGizmo's Ti clip is beautiful if you can provide two pre-drilled holes on the battery end as an option so folks can buy the clip if they desired.

Thanks
Amorphous

Free

Enlightened

I agree with Amorphous about the clip, even as an after market option, because I would like to have the option to put one on my round one light as well.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

I want it on a walnut stand with a globe over it, displayed on my mantle!

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks everyone for the feedback...

By the way I also set up a poll regarding the design change here. Before we make a decision however I am still waiting to hear back from someone overseas who ordered quite a few lights. But so far the poll of people who signed up as well as the poll (in the thread above) seem to favor the new design (so good chances for you Jim to place the Tritium vials!!

Then good news regarding the Titanium version, Kyle found polished Titanium rods!!!

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast

mobile1 said:
Then good news regarding the Titanium version, Kyle found polished Titanium rods!!!

:ohgeez: You guys are determined to part me from my $$. :D Just wondering, what Ti alloy are the rods?

Oh and the pocket clip is a non starter for me. The lines are clean now but a clip would mess that up IMO.

-LT

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Titanium we are using is 99.2% Pure it is not an alloy. In this design there is no need for an alloy. Besides alloys look more like stainless then the grey titanium everyone is used to.

Here is another rendering of the new look (back)
GATLIGHT%20V2c.jpg

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

The carry clip? I don't think there is a need. My Gatlights aren't going to be hanging on my belt getting banged into everything. The design is fine without, IMO. If you want it hanging, loop a length of parachute cord about it and tie it off. Crude but safe and, you don't ruin the esthetics of the body shape for the need to show it off. If I'm going to show it, I want it to be shone with my hand firmly on it. By the by, while I posted earlier about the new design---I like it alright but, it has moved from the original Gattling Light concept of being reminicent of that era and design and now, is more futuristic. I say leave it as it was but, again, that's my opinion. I still want my next two!

karlthev

Karlthev

pcmike

Enlightened

Admittedly I have not ordered one of these lights, but I think the new design is quite dramatic and simply stunning (in pictures anyhow). Great light you have here.. wish I could justify getting one of these as well as the Chameleon I already committed to ordering! Both lights look fantastic!@$#

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks well in reality the light is pretty small - so I think the change won't be as noticable as it is in the renderings.... but we'll see. still want to hear from more people...

Regarding the Screws - Kyle got samples of each screw in. Here is what he noticed - however that is his taste.
1) The black Oxide & Stainless HEX look the best to his opinion-shiny and nice contrast.
2) The brass color looks nice, however they are slot (-) screws which is less symetrical, and the finish is not as shiny as with the others.
3) The round non flat philips screws he thinks don't go very well with the design...

Here is a photo each screw inserted in a stainless of the first run (sorry about the bad quality - we'll see whether we can take some better quality photos).
screwsph.jpg

Latest posts