GE HIR PAR46 Hand Lantern

SAcharlie

Newly Enlightened
A sealed beam on the GE site not listed under sealed beams or any other category...kinda on its own. Ya have to use the search under all products and enter h7680.
Anyway believe HIR is about 75% of a HID system output.
Its 13v 80w 275k CP 100hrs 6.5 degree spot.

Just a PSA...LOL

Can someone tell me why a very few sealed beams on the GE site have notes stating heat resistant glass? Would these throw the heat rearward and therefore get overly hot? I did notice notes on a few others, with no mention of the heat resistant glass, that stated the unit should be mounted in a steel ring

SAcharlie

Newly Enlightened
Thanks lc
The model 50s12 with 15ft cord looks like the one for me. How many amps are the cig plugs good for? Well the plug itself and the actual female adapter in the car.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have never heard of this bulb "which is a first, I've pretty much memorized all sealed beam bulbs:crazy:", I would be willing to bet this bulb actually goes to the Bigbeam car spotlight, that is I have never figured out what kind of bulb those lights used, and since this is the only bulb I have never heard of I would assume it's application is for the Bigbeam. Also while there is product numbers on the top of the screen for this bulb, they do not register in my favorite sealed beam data bank, and I have never found a bulb they didn't have, so it is possible that that those numbers are not it's real name. Normally sealed beam bulb's names are something like 4546 and such: 4 digits starting with 3-6. With a few exceptions.

SAcharlie

Newly Enlightened
Well now there is h7680x another HIR at 230k CP for half the price. Google h7680x and you will see servicelighing and many others selling it. I can not get this h7680-X to show up on the GE site though.