George Kemenes Omicron 10180: First Thoughts

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yes, I do regularly carry three lights. There's the Omicron, then I also have a MecArmy X4S (pictured in post 14) to act as a spare 10180 carrier, a field charger (from my portable USB power supply) and an emergency backup should the Omicron ever get lost / stolen.

When I'm wearing jeans (which is most of the time to be fair), I have either the Olight S1R, which you mentioned, or a Zebralight SC52d. If I'm on a longer outing, I'll also carry spare cells in a twist-tube carrier.

I like the idea of the field charger. Those little batteries are well suited to charging on the fly.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike, while I also like to put my lights into good use and not putting them as shelf queens; hats off to you by putting it together with your keys! Brave. :bow:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike, while I also like to put my lights into good use and not putting them as shelf queens; hats off to you by putting it together with your keys! Brave. :bow:

And that is one murderous looking set of keys! A lesser flashlight would have lost consciousness at the mere sight of them.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast

To be fair, the Omicron is a thoroughly sorted light for keychain use once the alternative O-ring is used. The window is well recessed to prevent damage to it, not that damage is likely anyway being that it is sapphire. The slim body is completely unobtrusive on the keyring. Titanium, whilst it picks up hairline scratches, avoids deep gouges very well. And lastly, the trits are properly protected; my original Wee Ti had trits, but they didn't last long on the keyring.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first thing that struck me was how slender it was. My other two 10180 lights, a Wee SS and MecArmy X4S are much thicker lights. Even though the Omicron and X4S are about the same length, the Omicron feels the most compact of all three of them.

I've just realised why the Omicron feels so compact.

Lummi Wee, 15 mm diameter × 34 mm length, Volume of flashlight envelope = pi×(15/2)^2×34 = 6008 mm^3
Kemenes Omicron, 12.5 mm diameter × 48 mm length Volume of flashlight envelope = pi×(12.5/2)^2×48 = 5890 mm^3

So it is officially my most compact flashlight :twothumbs

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Almost had mine but, shipping box was opened when this Ti model was shipped from a leather case maker! I'm hoping all make right on this and that another Ti can be gotten!

Karl

Dio

Newly Enlightened
Almost had mine but, shipping box was opened when this Ti model was shipped from a leather case maker! I'm hoping all make right on this and that another Ti can be gotten!

Karl

...?

So you suspect they stole it? Or they enjoyed it so much they refused to send it to you and got to keep it for themselves??

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh no! I received the box and, it has been torn open...by machine or by hands who knows?

Karl

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Checking back in again. I went on holiday for a week and forgot to pack my Olight S1R, so the Omicron became the primary light. Served in this role particularly well when examining the underside of my caravan to see how to repair some damage it had sustained.

Back home, its intelligent features proved their worth. I was replacing some of the bulbs in the office, so I left my Omicron in the kitchen with no windows so whoever was in there wouldn't be left in the dark while I turned the lights off. I forgot my Omicron for an hour or two. When I went to retrieve it, the battery saving had kicked in and saved my 10180 cell from damage.

Hey Mike, it's really great to hear, that you're not only carrying the Omicron, but it can be quite useful in certain situations...:) I'd love to see, how is the finish holding up with everyday carrying, so if you have pictures, don't hold back!:) Cheers

Checking back in again. I went on holiday for a week and forgot to pack my Olight S1R, so the Omicron became the primary light. Served in this role particularly well when examining the underside of my caravan to see how to repair some damage it had sustained.

Back home, its intelligent features proved their worth. I was replacing some of the bulbs in the office, so I left my Omicron in the kitchen with no windows so whoever was in there wouldn't be left in the dark while I turned the lights off. I forgot my Omicron for an hour or two. When I went to retrieve it, the battery saving had kicked in and saved my 10180 cell from damage.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a great light that I use most days and am grateful I (finally) was able to get one. I'd most likely be a bad one to contact about finish retention however, at this point, I "baby" it--as I do all of my lights!

Karl

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Mike, it's really great to hear, that you're not only carrying the Omicron, but it can be quite useful in certain situations...:) I'd love to see, how is the finish holding up with everyday carrying, so if you have pictures, don't hold back!:) Cheers

Hi George! Any still available?

Yes, I could assemble a Ti for you, did you want to PM me with what options you'd like, so I can give you pricing. This will be the last one available for a while, due to running out of reflectors, so let me know, if you wanted this one. Thanks:)

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spent a while with the light in Mode 12 (ML,2%,25%,100% with Memory) which was very useful. However, I've given it a try in Mode 14 (ML,100% No Memory) and this is suited even more to keychain use. So useful to be able to change the behaviour on-the-fly like that.