Ghost MTN/Tahoe CPF Get together 2005

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: **Update**Ghost MTN/Tahoe Check in/Roll call

gadget_lover said:
It sounds like a lot of nice people will be there

WRONG - Just a bunch of flashaholics who are prepared to give you as much sh*t as you can stand :crackup:

Sorry Daniel, but that's what youy get for trying to compliment this bunch of retrobates.
smoker.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

gadget_lover said:
Hmmmm. I don't really drink beer much due to an alergy to something in the common brands
*COMMON* brands? Life is too short. My beer of choice is brewed 1.5 miles from my house, and certainly couldn't be called "common!" But either way - Don's got the same problem, so you guys can hang out and laugh at the rest of us.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

We are good to go!

Headache anyone!
tongue.gif

All on list in first post are expected to show up.
buttrock.gif

There should be no day use fee charged for those offsite(hotel/One nighters).

When you check in mention my name and the Ranch house and I will be waiting for you...............
wink2.gif

That is all and I am off to get ready...........................
tongue.gif
party.gif

One last thing, please have a safe and pleasant trip!!!!!
smile.gif

One last edit: Darell they have a good beer at the Saloon...Hefenschnoozle or sumpin like dat.
crackup.gif

Last edited:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

JimH said:
WRONG - Just a bunch of flashaholics who are prepared to give you as much sh*t as you can stand :crackup:

Sorry Daniel, but that's what youy get for trying to compliment this bunch of retrobates.
smoker.gif

Jim, I have met Daniel. And unlike you, he is a gentleman and a scholar! :nana: :crackup:

(Lookin' forward!!)

Larry

gadget_lover

Flashaholic

tvodrd said:
Jim, I have met Daniel. And unlike you, he is a gentleman and a scholar! :nana: :crackup:

(Lookin' forward!!)

Larry

icon11.gif
Hmmmmm. Looks like I'll have to work on my reputation while I'm up there.
icon11.gif

I've obviously given Larry the wrong impression!

:)

See you guys up there.

Daniel

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Some dumb questions:

"Check-in" is at 3P- what if arrive earlier? (Roth could be coolin' his heels for a while. :D )
I ***-ume there is a market in Pollack Pines for provisions? (Like a disposable styro cooler, and ice for that case of Heinie Darell's bringing me, :D and BBQ fixin's )
Abandoned mines in the area? (Day trip, flashlight fun.)

Wingin' it will probably be more way more fun than planned, but.....?

Larry

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Larry,

Anyone who gets there before 3:00 pm can go into the Ghost Town(inside Ghost Mountain) or go out to the main road in Pollock Pines(Pony Express) and go left where you can find several places to eat, a Safeway,Longs, .....Just remember how to get back.:green: :p ( I may be there if you come early)

And who ever is doing the Rain dance could you kindly cease and desist!:crackup:

Darell

Flashaholic

Weekend Forecast for Placerville, CA

Saturday:
High 61°F, Low 45°F, Precip: 60%

Showers. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the mid 40s.

Bring your slickers, and maybe a beer warmer! I don't think we'll have to worry about the pool!

idleprocess

Flashaholic

I'm in Berkeley this morning. I might not make it to Ghost Mountain precisely at 15:00, but I assume they'll cut me some slack.

On Sunday and Monday it seemed like the rain was following me... it usually blows west to east? The heck?

See you wingnuts on Friday.

Darell

Flashaholic

Still clear here in Davis (about half way between where you are now, and where you'll be tomorrow!)

A reminder for everybody - most of you have screen names... and that's what we know you by. Haven't a clue what some of your real names are, what you look like or how goofy you might be in person. So when we're up there, please - PLEASE, introduce your damn self!

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Darell said:
Still clear here in Davis (about half way between where you are now, and where you'll be tomorrow!)

A reminder for everybody - most of you have screen names... and that's what we know you by. Haven't a clue what some of your real names are, what you look like or how goofy you might be in person. So when we're up there, please - PLEASE, introduce your damn self!

:thinking: You can spend a months worth of income on goodies over the better part of a year, and some still don't know who you are!:crackup: :p

Then again some make it hard to find there identity.:devil:

Hello I'm

Bob Johnson-Bunz:huh:

Last edited:

idleprocess

Flashaholic

Perhaps I'll snag some of those...

HELLO, I'm

...stickers. Or someone else should - I'm going to be lucky to visit a relative around Tahoe and make it back to Ghost Mountain in time, nevermind finding someplace that sells those things...

Last edited:

gadget_lover

Flashaholic

idleprocess said:
Perhaps I'll snag some of those...

HELLO, I'm

...stickers. Or someone else should - I'm going to be lucky to visit a relative around Tahoe and make it back to Ghost Mountain in time, nevermind finding someplace that sells those things...

Can you get some that are lighted? Battery powered may be best, well, except for Jim H who will probably demand at least 12000 lumens for HIS name badge. Some of us prefer understated, so glow in the dark badges will be fine for us.

Dan

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Let's see, bag's packed with ~10 lights, including a M6R. Get-up zero-dark-thirty, mow some whiskers and head up the 405 for 35mi to LAX. :)rant: You'd think I could've gotten acceptable something out of John Wayne!) Check-in at a kiosk in Term3 and get a boarding pass, and have my bag thoroughly-searched at security. (That will be a first ever- hope some TSA guy is looking into the R/O when he pushes the button. :crackup: Also hope he has a sense of humor! :green: ) Cool my heels for 1hr+, and board a ?? (prolly freekin' Airbus) for a 1.5hr ride to Reno. Land, rent car, head south through Carson City, and turn west towards Pollock Pines. Hour and a half later, be there. :D

Larry

Darell

Flashaholic

Man.. couldn't get anything into Sacramento? Would have been LOTS closer than Reno! My guess is that your total travel time will be about equal to driving straight from home to GM. :shrug:

See ya when we see ya. My Heinie is your Heinie. :huh2:

JollyRoger

Enlightened

Looks like I'll be there...either late Friday night or early Saturday... (unless works gets really busy tomorrow and I miss my flight!)

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Don't mis your flight, weenie! :nana:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

It was less than hilarious! You can't gety from John Wayne (6mi from home) to Sacremento or Reno without detouring to Vegas, Chicago or equally rediculus! (And if you do, it puts you there after 6Pm!) I have over 85K frequent flyer miles with American and was unable to get a freebie for the trip! :rant: (Only cost me ~$200 round trip.)

And, the horse you will ride-in on, Don! :nana:

Larry

Darell

Flashaholic

Great, Roger. With you there, we'll have a Skunk Quarum, I think.

Leave your lights. Leave your underwear... but don't forget my lubricant! :sssh: