Ghost MTN/Tahoe CPF Get together 2005

JollyRoger

Enlightened
Re: **Update**Ghost MTN/Tahoe Check in/Roll call

Just packed your lubricant, Darell. Don't you worry. We're gonna have some fun!

Oh gawd, that sounded gross!

You talk of skunks, eh? Well, I might just have a little something for you....

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bringing something special for all that attend. :)

Those that have a UV light there might be a hide n seek night game that requires a UV light.

Wayne

Darell

Flashaholic

dat2zip said:
Bringing something special for all that attend. :)

Those that have a UV light there might be a hide n seek night game that requires a UV light.
Oooh. Good timing, Wayne. Was just packing my lights, and wasn't going to bring anything invisible. Got 'em packed now. Nothing with super-high power though, so I'll be the one with my nose an inch from the ground.

Darell

Flashaholic

JollyRoger said:
You talk of skunks, eh? Well, I might just have a little something for you....
Let's really get into the spirit of this thing! I think everybody should bring me stuff. :)

Thanks Roger! See ya there.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Re: **C ya there**Ghost MTN/Tahoe Check in/Roll call

:popcorn: x10 waiting for pics
this sounds like so much fun, and I can't go :banghead:

gadget_lover

Flashaholic

grumblegrumblegrumble-weather-grumble-windgrumble-snow-grumblegrumblegrumble

Well, it looks like the wife and I won't be making it for a quick Saturday vist after all. We were doing OK till the prediction of snow and thunderstorms.

Y'all have fun, ok?

Daniel

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks like I'm the first one back. Since I didn't take any pictures (others took a lot) I'll give you the weather report.

Friday was a gorgeous day. When I turned in around midnight there was not a cloud in the sky. About 5:30 I was awakened by the heavy pelting of rain on my camper. By the time I got up at 9:30, it had stopped raining and was starting to dry out.

Saturday was a very pleasant day untill late afternoon when it started to drizzle. It had completely stopped raining by BBQ time and did not affect the evening's festivities.

Most people left on Sunday anywhere from early morning to late afternoon. A few stayed over till Monday.

I'm sure the pictures will start rolling in as others arrive home. You'll have to wait for their reports to find out about the awards handed out at the closing cerimonies of the evening on Saturday.

There's a lot more I could say, but I hate long posts, so I'll end this one with a MAJOR thank you to Beamhead for setting up and organizing this tremendously successful CPF event.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

Beamhead>Thanks for having done this. It was a great success.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Many, many thanks to Beamhead for putting this together and giving us a refreshing place to meet and play!! :thumbsup:

Too cool! Got to see the Gatlin light, a future HDS light, the Spy005, Jon's amazing (intimidating to some of us old farts) effort with Angus, a peak into some of Gransee's projects and R&D and an enlightening demo of the USL as a fire starter! :grin2: Oh yeah, Larry was sticking one of his wonders inside other flashlights as well! (he hasn't figured out yet that you load a flashlight with batteries; not smaller flashlights! :nana: ) PK loaned us a Beast but we didn't launch it. :)

Great group of folks and thanks for letting me be a part!

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast

It was nice to finally put some faces behind all these names. Very very nice knowledgeable people and a ton of really cool flashlights.

My favorite was when JimH shined his modded Mag2D Light on some newspaper - which then started smoking and eventually started burning (this give you an idea how bright this thing was). Wow that just blew me away. And then McGizmos collection is beyond words.... or Jon who accidentially looked into a Surefire Beast was pretty impressive.

Darell

Flashaholic

Just back home. Barely made it in time to toss Kyra into her classroom on time. Whew.

Man, what I great weekend. I ended up with VERY few pictures, and I don't think we took a single "group" shot. :( But I'll load 'em up and see what I've got... but after I clean up and fill a couple of outstanding orders!

This likely was the best venue ever, and I don't think thanks are enough for our great host (and hostess!) Craig and Kendra. The place was perfect for us, and I hope to go back soon.

For those of you who took a moment to say howdy to my daughter this weekend - I can tell you with certainty that it made a positive impression on her. She remembers your names and had all kinds of questions about many of you on the way home. And of course she is treasuring the little gifts. She had almost as good a time as I did, I think! She's a bit discouraged that Wayne now has longer hair than she does, but she'll get over it.

This was the first GT where I *finally* met and spoke with EVERY person in attendance. If any who are reading this were there and don't know who the hell I am... well, it probably just means that you were maybe too far from the beer cooler. Sorry!

Spent half my time talking about flashlights and the other half talking about EVs and hybrids. I was basically in nirvana.

I'll be back in a bit!

greenLED

Flashaholic

You guys are killing me!!!
:this thread is worthless without pics: ;) (JK, of course)

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

I just got home and am kinda whacked. What a trip!! I'm sure some tales will be told. :green: I only took one pic:

site1014.JPG

Larry

Last edited by a moderator:

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Back and tired, What a blast...just some teasers....will add details later.

EDIT: First I would like to thank you for your kind words.:eek:
This was my first ever CPF get together and I loved every minute of it.
I saw some amazing new lights and collections(especially a certian squatting Sumo's):nana:. But most impressive of all was everyone I met! Awesome people each and every one of you. :rock:

About the pics below, I was inspired by a certain members post to make sure he had his 'Red Shoes" so I acquired a pair and decided to create the "Pumpy".:whistle: These are not given in jest but in utmost honor and regard.

larryreac.jpg

This is the first recipient's(tvodrd) reaction to his.:drool:

Larrypumpy.jpg

Here he receives it for his possitive and generous support of this forum. And also for the ability to make tiny wonders. :bow:

sumopumpy.jpg

Here we have the second recipient McGizmo, for his generousity, and pushing the science/art of flashlights to new levels. :bow:

wingnut.jpg

Jonnut.jpg

This is the "Wingnut" award....This recipient JSBurly got this for purposly starring into "The Beast" while on!:ohgeez: :p

Wanted.jpg

And last....no explanation needed.
rolleye11.gif
tongue.gif

Last edited:

JollyRoger

Enlightened

thanks, Beamhead!
It was great seeing everyone, even if it was for only a few hours.
Back in NJ now.