Giveaway Thread (general info)

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I certainly cannot fix it!

I want to say, however, that the whole spirit of this giveaway is commendable. Instead of sending another bit of broken of electronics to the recycler or landfill, you have found a way to put this light into the hands of someone who is competent to repair it.

Nicely done!

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
[h=2]List Randomizer[/h] There were 11 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. vinhnguyen54
  2. Happpyfeet
  3. tatasal
  4. prnguinpoo
  5. code2006
  6. mattw
  7. Chaitanya
  8. lunas
  9. Rider57
  10. aginthelaw
  11. ACruceSalus
Timestamp: 2015-06-18 02:02:05 UTC

Vinh, you won the random draw! I think I have your shipping info around somewhere...will ship tomorrow, or more likely on Friday, depending on how things go.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
And, since not everyone could participate in the last giveaway, the next giveaway is live!

This is a three-part giveaway. Two of them are available strictly for domestic shipping, and one is available for international shipping as well (keeps costs and paperwork down, and still allows everyone to participate). I am not specifying which light is available for international shipping...just that I will only ship one outside the country. If someone outside the USA wins first pick, for example, he or she can choose among all three lights. The next two people will need domestic addresses, and pick from the remaining two lights.

I'll take the first twelve valid responses, do a random drawing to determine the winners, and then let people pick which one they want. Each winner will have the standard forty-eight hours to respond, or I will move to the next person on the list.

Post must include "I am in for an EDC light". Please also include something interesting...a story, pic, video, or link. No judging based on content, but I want you to provide something of value to the thread. Commenting on other content or explaining who you might give a light to is fine (and in fact I encourage you to do so) but you need to provide something unique in your post also.

I've saved three of the best lights in my EDC round-up for last:

First item is a Rayus C01, with Nichia 219 emitter. Single mode, dead simple, and a nice beam.

Second item is a Xeno E03, blue/purple in color. Neutral white emitter, multiple mode reverse clicky, and can work equally well with AA or 14500 for more punch.

Third item is a copper Maratac AAA. Includes a GITD diffuser. Three modes and extremely smooth threads - twisty operation is a breeze.

Good luck!

Last edited:

ACruceSalus

Enlightened
Congrats Vinh. I know you'll do a bang up job on that FL and selling it for charity is the icing on the cake.

"I am in for an EDC light"

If you are into free/shareware Windows software then Major Geeks is the go to website. I visit it everyday and I know that I can trust that there is no bundled bloatware or malware.

Last edited:

Happpyfeet

Newly Enlightened

150610111036_1_540x360.jpg

Scientists create first origami battery.

Info found here: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/06/150610111036.htm

I just Love all these new different battery types!

Oh, and Congrats, Vinh!

Eagles1181

Newly Enlightened
"I am in for an EDC light."

This evening I was having dinner with friends and one noticed that I had a pocket clip in each pocket. She asked why I needed two pocket knives. When I told her one was a flashlight, she insisted on borrowing it and then proceeded to bind everybody at the table before I could get it back from her. My conclusion. Flashlight etiquette needs to be a required class in high school.

ACruceSalus

Enlightened
Doc,

I just opened the UV flashlight and was coming here to let you know I received it today. I took a quick trip around the house first and was surprised at all the everyday household items that are fluorescent. The flashlight is just the right size for my hand. It's going to get many hours of good use. Thank you for making this possible.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in for the EDC light.

I would gift this to my son whom is just starting to like a good flashlight.
He is starting to enjoy night walks and could use a better light, as well stop borrowing mine.
I don't mind, though I think he feels awkward but I honestly don't mind, just can't swing one for him financially, worthy from pop yet.
Even if I don't win, thanks so much guys, you've a lot of heart.

Have a great day.

mattw

Newly Enlightened
I am in for an EDC light !

I love LED lights. Flashlights are very useful, but what may be the ultimate LED FLASH light in my mind would be the following:

This is billed as being faster than an arc flash without all of the dangers! It does not appear to be in production yet, but the cost is less than 10% of an arc flash. I have been in on a thread regarding high speed photography, which is something I do love. I have been considering a DIY arc flash, but honestly they really scare me.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vela/vela-one-the-worlds-first-high-speed-led-flash/description

Notice I did catch the bullet! It is a .40 S&W doing about 1000 fps!
bullet_1_IMG_4726 by Matt Ward

Thanks Matt

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast

An update on the addition of Ranger and how Dylan and him are interacting. Ranger had a bit of a rough start, as did Dylan as a result...a domino effect if you will. When we picked up Ranger, he was without a cone (he had just been neutered 2 days before). The lady said he had been doing good and not going to that area.

As soon as we got home we found that to not be the case. Tried a manner of cones bought at PetsBarn over the weekend (our vet was closed as I prefer the cones they offer). First up were inflatable ones. Yup, plural because the one that was sized for him did not stop him from reaching the incision area, nor did the 2 sizes up. Next up was the clear cone that does not have loops to feed the collar through. Instead, one must attach the cone to the collar with the use of gauze or string. Well, by this point Ranger wanted the cone off. He attempted to force it off with his front paws to no avail. I figured he had given up and it had been a long day running back and forth to the store for the different cones. I was laying down with Dylan. Ranger got up on the sofa and I figured just to leave him up there if he would rest. All it took was that split second I closed my eyes for something to happen. A yelp and some crying caused me to jump up. When I looked, Ranger was trembling and the cone was off of his head. I thought he might have hurt himself so I was able to get him on his side. A brief look and I thought everything was okay. But as he tried to walk he would quickly sit to his side and then want to inspect. A closer look showed that a section of the incision had opened up and he was bleeding. From what I assume, he could not get the cone off with his front paws so he went to his hind legs and in the stretching process opened himself up a bit. A trip to the animal er to flush the opening, and a take home of antibiotics, pain medication (same thing my Dad got when he was fighting his cancer!), an anti-inflammatory, and a proper cone.

The negative aspect was having to remove the cone as Ranger would drag it along the dirt when going out to the restroom. Of course he would also walk into our legs constantly. Poor Dylan got the worst of it though as Ranger inadvertently popped him in the head a few times as he was turning. Because of this, Dylan became afraid. We decided to put Ranger up at the vet for boarding for four days. It was to give Dylan a break, but also so they could properly clean the incision area. I was instructed to use a 50/50 peroxide and water solution to dab the affected area 2-3 times a day. I did that once before with Dylan, but it was different with Ranger as it was opened and seemed to hurt him. Maybe it was to strong and I didn't dilute it enough or wet it too much, but I thought it better left to the professionals.

Four days later Ranger came back home and wore the cone for a few more days before a follow-up with the vet gave the okay to remove it. Dylan and Ranger get along for the most part indoors, though Ranger has a bit of an alpha male side to him that wasn't present in the meet and greet they had when we first signed the adoption paperwork.

Toys are an issue indoors because it doesn't matter if they each have one of the same, or even multiples. Ranger can be playing with a toy and if he notices Dylan get one he goes to take it from him. Outdoors it is a little worse. Off-leash, Ranger will sometime charge Dylan (like a goat using his head!) and hit into the side of his body or his backside. But if that wasn't enough, he will also go to nip and bite at Dylan's paws (he will sometimes do this inside). Dylan is very passive so when this happens he cowers and gets scared. It's gotten to the point were I can only comfortably take them out together when on a leash together, or take them out to the backyard individually. When this happens, the one that stays inside whines and barks their head off. If I take them out for a walk they do great together. They are able to sleep together as well, though sometimes they do so separated.

If anyone has any tips or ideas we could definitely use them.

Rider57

Newly Enlightened

Shrink wraped my sk68 clip for a sturdier grip

Edit:Now that i think about it if i win one ill prob give it to my brother so he wont have to use his cellphone light.

Last edited: