Giveaway Thread (general info)

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Light it up, thanks for the kind words. Glad you are enjoying the little things too.

potpot, it has been a couple weeks. Any sign of the Elzetta?

kst, watch out! He's got an assault rifle attached to his lights! On the plus side, the cutlery in front of the scope makes it very unlikely he'll hit anything (at least on purpose), but boy, does it look scary!

Great entries, everybody. Wish I had done something like this earlier. Makes it a lot more fun to read through the thread...hope everyone else is enjoying it too.

Last edited:

kst

Newly Enlightened
Thought the dangling keys were a nice touch.

Here's another scary pic.

suspicious-flashlight_o_511000.webp

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Viperbart was the selected winner!

Please send me a name/shipping address at your convenience. Hoping to ship tomorrow morning.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Next giveaway is live!

FIRESPARK.jpg

Tyxxvxl has graciously offered up a Columbia River Knife and Tool (CRKT) Fire Spark knife. It is spring assisted, and has a 3.87 inch blade. If this is not legal to carry in your area, please pass on this giveaway. This is the spear point, plain edge, all black version. Has a small amount of wear on the top of the knife from carrying in pocket, but is otherwise in excellent condition.

To be eligible for the giveaway, we need to hear about your "dream" knife, or the craziest thing you have done with a knife, or an EDC knife story. Looking to keep the thread interesting, even for people who may not be participating. Your post must also include "I'll take the CRKT Fire Spark".

This is open to anyone with a domestic (USA) shipping address. The giveaway will run until 1400 EST on Sunday, September 28, 2014.

Good luck, and thanks again to tyxxvxl for donating the knife!

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats Viperbart!

Sweet my giveaway is live.
Good luck to everyone.
This is one of my favorite knives but I don't carry it anymore.
It is in awesome condition ancomes in original box.
I really want to keep this thread going so I am giving up my megar belongings :)
Hopefully others will do the same.
Good luck guys.
Thanks again to Doc for all of his help.
Ty

Poppy

Flashaholic
Tyxxvxl has graciously offered up a Columbia River Knife and Tool (CRKT) Fire Spark knife. It is spring assisted, and has a 3.87 inch blade.

Very nice... unfortunately I've recently been told that Spring Assist is not legal in New Jersey.
I'm interested though... as a "Fire Spark" knife, does it come with mesh metal flint?

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
That sucks poppy! Pretty soon they will outlaw flashlights over 100 lumens :)
You would think with that kind of name it would come with a flint.
But unfortunatly it does not.
Ty

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. I received the battery package. I must say I am very impress. Thanks Doc007.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice... unfortunately I've recently been told that Spring Assist is not legal in New Jersey.
I'm interested though... as a "Fire Spark" knife, does it come with mesh metal flint?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120123150648AAIECrW

This answer is from three years ago, but it covers what you need to know. I did check the linked page, and the prohibitions are the same. There is no indication that spring assisted knives have been added to the list of banned weapons.

Last edited:

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good lord maybe I should read my post before I push submit :)
Sorry guys I meant a cool light to giveaway.
Sorry for the confusion.
Ty

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good lord maybe I should read my post before I push submit :)

You, me, and everyone else, from time to time. It happens.

Sorry guys I meant a cool light to giveaway.

For one, there have been lots of lights already. Nothing wrong with that, but variety is good too! Two, you have been very generous, and there is absolutely nothing to apologize for.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get ready, this thread is about to get CRAAAAAZZZZYYY! (Or is that just me? Probably...)

Anyway, a second item is going live right now.

Cerealand is offering up a FiveMega 3xCR123 (9P style) C to C tube.

2jaz3tc.jpg

He has requested U.S. address only. Beyond that, no restrictions. Since this is a very specific item, the first post to say "I'll take the FiveMega tube" will receive it. No drawing needed for this one.

Cerealand is planning to ship the tube Monday, September 28. If you ask for it, please provide an address to me or Cerealand ASAP.