GLADIUS/INSIGHT TYPHOON SEOULED(P4) MODDING ***UPDATES & DISCUSSION ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
Re: MY GLADIUS NIGHT OPS SEOULED(P4) MODDING HAS BEGUN

Hello again ,just adding some more pictures,these are of two stock glad's and my mod.all at 20 feet down the hall ,full output,fresh batterys 17670 lith ion.exposure same for all.only the white balance is off .the one stock is really purple and the other is green/yellow.only the p4 is close to white much like the HDS ULITIMATE GT SERIES.will post low level shots ,that will be a surprise as the level differance is less than had thought it would be. at that time I did not have a stock for compare.will post those on the weekend
CLICK ON PICTURES FOR LARGER VERSION

stock sample glad one
/ stock sample glad two / my modded glad

Had a visit from one of the guys having the mod done ,we did the tests against the stock(his) and my mod and as a bonus a surefire L5.well he was very very impressed.we test down a hall at about 175 feet and the differance at distance is greater than at closer range ,where as the stock was barely visible the modded gladius lit up the whole hall and brightened the door at the end of the hall ,and his other impression was of the strobe.well he only lasted for a few seconds on that.
I will try and post the hall pics and the low level shots this week end.
sorry forgot to mention the L5 well this is a great lite, fit ,finich but thats it ,no competition. but I would still own one .still a great tac lite.
:rock::popcorn:

Last edited:

Gypsy

Newly Enlightened
Re: MY GLADIUS NIGHT OPS SEOULED(P4) MODDING HAS BEGUN ***UPDATED***

Brand new Tan Gladius headed to you. Once I get it there will be an older black one headed your way too. I just don't want to be out here working without my "go to" kit light.

SGT Gypsy Mur'Ray

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened

Murray
Got your email ,thank you,will be waiting.keep your self safe:xyxgun:.will ship back asap.
STAY SAFE & GOD BLESS:goodjob:
GLADIUSX1
Gypsy said:
Brand new Tan Gladius headed to you. Once I get it there will be an older black one headed your way too. I just don't want to be out here working without my "go to" kit light.

SGT Gypsy Mur'Ray

Smogcity

Newly Enlightened

I want! Email sent!

softfeel

Newly Enlightened

When you took the beamshots you were using 17670 lith-ion. Will there be any problems running it with two cr123 like SF the U2-mods?

The head on my Gladius is glued to the body (with loc-tite or similar). You will not glue it back if you mod it, will you?

Does you light blink when you use 3.7v lithium-ions even if the battery is fresh?

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened

I used the 17670 just so that you could see that the lower voltage does not affect the brightness level and works the same as original.you can use any battery thats normaly works with the gladius.I will ,only if some asks me not to .yes the light blinks as the voltage is lower ,but I have gotten used to it.I will update more photos at long distance(175 ft indoors in lit enviroment) on the weekend .
softfeel said:
When you took the beamshots you were using 17670 lith-ion. Will there be any problems running it with two cr123 like SF the U2-mods?

The head on my Gladius is glued to the body (with loc-tite or similar). You will not glue it back if you mod it, will you?

Does you light blink when you use 3.7v lithium-ions even if the battery is fresh?

Smogcity

Newly Enlightened

Paypal sent! Light on the way!

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened

Thank you .your on the list.:grin2:
GLADIUSX1
Smogcity said:
Paypal sent! Light on the way!

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened

These gladius modds are complete and shipping monday 03.12.2007.
-LIPS- 1 COMPLETED-SHIPPING BACK
-TOM SLICK- 1 COMPLETED-PICKUP
-DANO- 1 COMPLETED-SHIPPING BACK
-WAYNEJITSU- 2 COMPLETED-SHIPPING BACK
-SPEEDPRO-1 COMPLETED-SHIPPING BACK
-SOLIDTRAX-1 COMPLETED-SHIPPING BACK

Last edited:

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast

GLADIUSX1 said:
These gladius modds are complete and shipping monday 03.12.2007.
-LIPS- 1 COMPLETED-SHIPPING
-TOM SLICK- 1 COMPLETED-PICKUP
-DANO- 1 COMPLETED-SHIPPING
-WAYNEJITSU- 2 COMPLETED-SHIPPING

Great News

Can't wait to see...

Thanks for you work on these, Very professional manor... :thumbsup:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought about getting a Gladius to put a Seoul in myself...hmmmm

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened

GOOD NEWS. HAD TIME TODAY TO SHIP ALL COMPLETED GLADIUS LIGHTS.:)
PLEASE CHECK FOR THE LIGHT SHIPPED IN THE THREAD .
THANX

GLADIUSX1

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened

Today before shipping out some lights,I did a compare with different batterys and the conclusion is that you lose about 10 to 15% in light output if you use the 3.7 volt single 17670 batteries in the Gladius as compared to the two 3.0 volt lith standard surefire or other brand.so the advice is to stick to 3.0 volt standard lith if you want scortching light ouput with the modded Gladius.they are cheap and the overall runtimes are better.sorry for the long delay on the new compare beam shots at distance will post in the next week.
GLADIUSX1

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened

SOME MEMBERS ARE ASKING IF I AM STILL MODDING.YES I AM AND THIS WILL BE AN ONGOING PROJECT TILL THERE ALL DONE .OK TILL SOME ARE.MAYBE SOMEDAY THE MANUFACTURER WILL UPGRADE TO THIS LEVEL.SO FAR NO INDICATION THAT THIS WILL HAPPEN ANY TIME SOON ON THERE END.SO PLEASE LETS KEEP THE INTEREST UP AND I WILL KEEP THIS POST OPEN AND ACTIVE .THOSE FORUM MEMBERS THAT HAD THERE LIGHTS MODD ALREADY, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD TO THE THREAD .YOU OWN OPINIONS AND BEAM SHOTS ETC......:rock:
GLADIUSX1
WILL UPDATE ON AN ON GOING BASES.

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
Re: MY GLADIUS NIGHT OPS SEOULED(P4)

Since this quote ,I have had the opportunity to get the real world look at the differance between the modded gladius and the stock(low level light output) ,first off,the beams are the same brightnes ,second the edge on the beam on the modded glad is a little smoother around the edges and not twice as wide ,just smoother transition and the colour on low is a bit better ,this is in referance to my original over stated comments on what I thought was correct, going on memory only ,at the time I did not have another one for comparison.overall the results on low level are better .and as for photos they will never be able to show what you see with your own eyes.more to come.
GLADIUSX1
mtbkndad said:
Let me first say that I think your mod is nice and well executed for you as a Gladius owner.
If you were a Night-Ops product tester I would say that you have killed one of the best features of this light.

There is a SIGNIFICANT difference between .8 lumen and 1 lumen at that level.
It is a 20% increase of total light output.
Your pictures demonstrate this very clearly.
Look in the low right corner of your photos.
On my 17" Powerbook-

Gladius stock - no door casing visible
Gladius P4 - door casing clearly visible and the entire wall around the corona is brighter.

That kills one of my main uses for my Gladiuses. Illuminating a small area while not illuminating the rest of a room. I like using my Gladiuses on low when looking for things in the bedroom knowing

1. I can see fine.
2. I have such control over it's beam and how the room lights up I never need to worry about disturbing my wife.

My first year at MBC my roomate was from New York and I am from So. Cal., with my Gladius I could negotiate the room without him ever waking up.

Out of my lights, only my Red Raw on low works better in these circumstances. On high it is 190 lumens of truly blinding RED light.

I have plenty of lights that will blow away a Gladius for overall brightness.
It is my only light that combines good useable brightness with the ability to go VERY low in light output.

You may want to mention that modding the lights will also void their warranties.

If you are a private person and this mod works for you, then great.
If others would like to have you do this and do not care about voided warranties, great again.

I am just saying that when and if Night-Ops revises the Gladius I hope they DO NOT loose the current low setting. I feel the Gladius will loose some of its funtionality without having the circuitry adjusted to keep the low as low as it is now. For that matter with the wider beam I would like to see a new Gladius with a low level at .6 lumen.

These are just my opinions based on how CLEARLY your photos demonstrate how much brighter the extra .2 lumens is in your mod.

Take Care,
mtbkndad :wave:

Last edited:

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
Re: GLADIUS NIGHT OPS SEOULED(P4) MODDING/PRICE & SHIPPING INFO ***UPDATE***

THANX SMOGCITY LIGHT RECEIVED ,ONE THING ,YOUR BEZAL HAS A DEEP MARK IN IT .WILL SHIP BACK ON SATURDAY.
THANX
GLADIUSX1

Smogcity

Newly Enlightened

Hey Gladiusx1,

Yeah, that was from a tactical impact device from gg&g i had on but took off...Can't wait to get it back!

Thanks

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened

:oops:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts