GLADIUS/INSIGHT TYPHOON SEOULED(P4) MODDING ***UPDATES & DISCUSSION ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argent60

Newly Enlightened
Waiting for a much anticipated light to return is nerve-racking. :hairpull: Know what I mean? I keep telling myself, "any day now". :popcorn:

Argent60

Eskimojo

Newly Enlightened
(What I miss here is a good user review - I've found it now) :ohgeez:...
I've ordered 3 new Typhoons for modding and can't wait to see how they perform next to my Gladius duty light...
If they are as I hope (expect)... I'll have to order more for my colleagues as well...
So Mike, I hope I'll be sending you lots of money in the near future...
Edit...
[font=&quot]I initially ordered the 3 Typhoons with Botach, but changed my mind due to different circumstances, posts in this forum being one. Ended up ordering 3 Gladius lights from Strategos International, witch is being sent directly to GLADIUSX1. As of 5/14/2007 8:08 AM my lights are Out for delivery... - They want $149.07 in taxes:rant: - Paypal sent to GLADIUSX1...
[/font]

Last edited:

glenn_r

Newly Enlightened
I marked the package "warranty service" but Canada's post office is still charging $28.24 duty fees. Even after I explained it's being sent in for service and won't be staying in Canada.

:rant:

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Eskimojo said:
What I miss here is a good user review ;)...
I've ordered 3 new Typhoons for modding and can't wait to see how they perform next to my Gladius duty light...
If they are as I hope (expect)... I'll have to order more for my colleagues as well...
So Mike, I hope I'll be sending you lots of money in the near future...

Yes, you did miss it, so, here ya go, this is the link-
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/159743

Eskimojo

Newly Enlightened
Indeed I did, Indeed I did...
Please forgive me, as I am the Unenlightened one...

Last edited:

DevL

Newly Enlightened
glenn_r said:
I marked the package "warranty service" but Canada's post office is still charging $28.24 duty fees. Even after I explained it's being sent in for service and won't be staying in Canada.

:rant:

There is a specific form for customs I had to fill out for FedEx and it clearly was marked for repair and return. Did you fill out that customs for correctly?

glenn_r

Newly Enlightened
DevL said:
There is a specific form for customs I had to fill out for FedEx and it clearly was marked for repair and return. Did you fill out that customs for correctly?

I used the Post Office instead of FedEx. AFAIK I filled out the form correctly...except I'm getting charged. So apparently not? Or maybe the post office is a greedy government-run organization and I'll used FedEx next time?

Followthehollow

Newly Enlightened
Got mine back today :goodjob:

I'm still waiting for dark but it stomps all over the L4 in a well lit house

softfeel

Newly Enlightened
I got my light back today. Thank you very much for a great mod. :goodjob:

The LED kind of glows a little bit after being turned off. That is normal, isn't it?

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
Yes this is normal ,all do it .before and after the mod,the lux doe's it as well just not as bright .set it to low and you can watch the effect.
GLADIUSX1
softfeel said:
I got my light back today. Thank you very much for a great mod. :goodjob:

The LED kind of glows a little bit after being turned off. That is normal, isn't it?

LawHund

Newly Enlightened
I used the Post Office instead of FedEx. AFAIK I filled out the form correctly...except I'm getting charged. So apparently not? Or maybe the post office is a greedy government-run organization and I'll used FedEx next time?

I used UPS, filled out the paperwork with Warranty/Repair written in about 4 places, and they still wanted a chunk of change to release the package. >:{

-Teuf

Ken J. Good

Enlightened
Couple of Beam Shots taken in my dark closet.

Mod-Gladius-High.jpg

Mod-Gladius-Low.jpg

From the camera's point of view the low setting on the Modded Gladius looks brighter than when you see it with your eye.

Then again, I was not dark-adapted.

From a practical point of view, I am going to have to wait until dark to give you better feedback.

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Green?
No...,
I now have 3 modded and they are all white.
Are your batteries fresh?
(just trying to cover all bases)
The mods I have are WO and 1 VO and great tint.
PM Gladiusx1 and let him know

Enlightened
waynejitsu said:
Green?
No...,
I now have 3 modded and they are all white.
Are your batteries fresh?
(just trying to cover all bases)
The mods I have are WO and 1 VO and great tint.
PM Gladiusx1 and let him know

Batteries aren't "fresh" but then again my Gladius was brand new when it was sent to him. The batteries should have a ~10 year shelf life away and the batteries can't be that old.. Did you check out my posted link? It's not that dramatic (camera pulls the green out more) but it is noticible when comparing it to my other lights. Almost mimics my L1D CE. It also has a green tint.

Last edited:

Eskimojo

Newly Enlightened
Mr. Good...
Can't help wondering, what you think of the modded Gladius, in regards to using it as a duty light.
I think many here, would value your opinion in this matter, at least I know I would :D

LawHund

Newly Enlightened
Eskimojo said:
Mr. Good...
Can't help wondering, what you think of the modded Gladius, in regards to using it as a duty light.
I think many here, would value your opinion in this matter, at least I know I would :D

I can give a review with focus on usage as a duty light soon. Gladius1 will probably have mine headed back to me soon, and it'll take about a week to get here. Once it's in, and I stop giggling like a schoolgirl, I'll put up a review with some beamshots.

-Lawhund

Ken J. Good

Enlightened
I am not a police officer, so I cannot offer the best perspective.

From the sidelines:

If you like the Gladius, you will like an upgraded Gladius even more.
More output on the top end, in my mind is no doubt a benefit in many tactical situations.

The strobe hits harder with the new emitter.

On the low end, I always wanted less that the original Gladius, but we could not drop it any lower as we were getting intermintent activation.
The new emitters seems to be doing just fine down on the low end.
When we develop the next Generation, we will see how far the new emitters will let us take it down.

From a practical point of view, I cannot really distinguish the difference between the old and the new on the low end with my eyes.

So overall, I am saying, the new emitters with this interface is a good thing.

Really cannot see any downsides at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.