Go To Four Slot Charger for 2019

Nev

Banned
IMO the best 4 bay charger is the skyrc mc3000 & the best 8 slot charger is two skyrc mc 3000's.

TheWalkman

Newly Enlightened
I ended up pulling the trigger on the SkyRC.

Its R's a very impressive charger. The initial learning curve was steep but not tall. Once you figure out the basic function maneuvers, it's easy to set up your battery programs and run with it.

Assuming the charger lasts, I can't imagine why you'd ever need another. It really does it all.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ended up pulling the trigger on the SkyRC.

Its R's a very impressive charger. The initial learning curve was steep but not tall. Once you figure out the basic function maneuvers, it's easy to set up your battery programs and run with it.

Assuming the charger lasts, I can't imagine why you'd ever need another. It really does it all.

Will it work with protected 21700 cells? IOW, is there room to fit in cells up to 75mm long? If not, I don't think I'd be paying the high price of that charger in 2019, when we know there are long cells coming out that will be needed for lights. If it does, kudos!

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm charging 21700 in MC3000 without issues

But they're like unprotected flat-tops, right? I think the issue with most chargers on the market now, is that they won't be able to fit protected 21700's, if and when someone might decide to use them in the future. Possibly, might not even fit button-top unprotected cells, which are likely to be required by multi-21700 lights in the future.

IMO, chargers being developed now should be able to accept cells of 75mm length. I'd like 80mm, so removing cells is easy without risk of catching the wrapper on one of the ends of the cell.

tripplec

Enlightened
I have watched for a long time for a newer replacement here. But non of the new ones really shine and enough don't support 71mm 18650's which is a must for my protected cells. I have no interest in small chargers. 4 spots is a must have running off mains power doing it all. Analyse feature would be nice but most have some glitch in engineering. MC3000 is overkill and pricey as well.

Sos24

Enlightened
I have and really like the Nitecore SC4. I don't have a lot of experience compared to some, but it has done everything I needed it to.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have and really like the Nitecore SC4. I don't have a lot of experience compared to some, but it has done everything I needed it to.

Yeah, it's my favorite charger to use when I want to specify a particular charge. But, it's a PITA to have to program each slot every time I use it. So, it tends to get less use nowadays, in favor of easier-to-use automatic chargers. If the Nitecore default charge rate was 1 amp, instead of 2 amps, I'd use it a lot more.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
is there a good 18650 charger thatis powered by usb? and can do a discharge test?