god im so old

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey getting old beats the alternative! The long dirt nap.
Mentally I think I'm still young but I'm starting to feel like the Tin Man sometimes.
I look forward to the day that God calls me home and I have a new body that doesn't decay or cause me constant pain. Living in a world where death has died and I'm surrounded by long lost loved ones is something to look forward to, not to dread. I'm not planning on a long dirt nap. Going from this life to the next will happen in a twinkling of an eye according to 1 Corinthians 15:51-54.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 says, "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

That said, I'm not planning on dying anytime soon.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey getting old beats the alternative! The long dirt nap.
Mentally I think I'm still young but I'm starting to feel like the Tin Man sometimes.
When I'm sitting around I still feel I'm 13, but when I get up I feel like I need a walker sometimes. I can boogaty boogaty on a set of crutches though.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
13 years ago I could work faster and harder and more consistantly than I did when I was in my 20s. I still had good stamila also and still took long walks. What happened? I don't know.....life happens. Pain will change you.

Latest posts