anyone know where you can buy a macbook? im so tired of renting mine

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i mean i must be renting it and i dont own it. sence it makes me enter my passord instead of touch id. i love going thru trying to use my darn laptop but instead of a function i payed for which is touch id they make me type in a damn password.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm guessing you're joking. But in case you're not.... I'd check the Apple Store for the latest model that has that finger-print feature.

Poppy

Flashaholic
i mean i must be renting it and i dont own it. sence it makes me enter my fing passord instead of touch id. i love going thru trying to use my darn laptop but instead of a function i payed for which is touch id they make me type in a damn password.
Back when you were homeless you posted the specs for the Macbook that you bought. It was the hottest unit available.
I suspect that you have to do something in "Settings" to record and use the "touch ID" feature.

Possible raggie interpretation: He has a MacBook, paid for the TouchID feature, but the computer keeps asking him to type his password, rendering the extra feature useless.

If this is the case, the TouchID needs to be setup and learn your fingerprint. I program mine with more than one fingerprint.

Also, there might be a way to have the system learn your fingerprint more reliably. At least on the older iPhones with the physical home button, keeping the settings screen up with the TouchID allows for "refinement" of the programming by lightly resting the programmed finger in the button and the system highlights the corresponding print, acknowledging more data on that print.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is my Mac. Usually they get stolen. This one came back with no accessories. I forget my password and don't have anything besides an HDMI cable with it. It is made in murrica too.

Attachments

• 26756E7F-A916-4FB0-AF2F-A172533D612A.jpeg
    26756E7F-A916-4FB0-AF2F-A172533D612A.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 64

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeah it has the feature but dang thing ask me to type in passord randomly i got touch id to avoid passwords

raggie33

*the raggedier*
nah its some kind of feature they just make you enter pass word for sure after a reboot

Fuzzywuzzies

Newly Enlightened
@raggie33 I understand your problem, it annoys me every day too. This is not a fault, it is the 'correct' behaviour according to Apple.
The idea is for security, it makes it harder to spoof your fingerprint. But man is it annoying!!

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is burglary that common where you live?
Where I live now it used to be really bad until I stopped breaking into houses shortly after the police caught the wrong person.

No some people I know are less than honest. I lost some Macbooks that way. One didn't have the hard drive and the other had a keyboard with French characters. I hope they dont get any use out of them.

This Mac Pro came back from the gov.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh it is nothing too exciting. It is past statute of limitations and I already published an article about it. I used a maglite D to do so and never found much of value. I could have made more money working at 7-11 than the time I spent house robbing. Earlier this year I tried calling a local law firm to try and help get that man's name cleared but they didn't seem so interested in helping.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well here is the thing when you have strict laws it is unlikely that you would commit a crime. Like if you are looking at getting beheaded or have a hand chopped off you probably would think twice before doing something wrong. Here in USA the police rarely investigate crimes unless it involves a traffic stop and prison is more fun than a church camp. That really fails to serve to deter crime.

When I did the break ins I was a minor. I knew they couldn't do a whole lot if I somehow got caught. The irony for me is now I am opposed to such things.