Got my Inova X5, and as usual, Craig is right!

TCPilot

Newly Enlightened
I got my Inova X5 in the mail today, in that fancy titanium color, and once again, Craig is right:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Craig says...
When you get the Inova, you may not want to put it down. The dimmer NewBeam conversion will definitely keep your Mini-Mag out of the garbage can, but it may not get used as often unless you're short on batteries for the X5 or if you forget and leave it someplace that you are not.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that I've spent $27 on the NewBeam conversion, my AA maglite will definitely stay out of the garbage. It will be gathering dust while I find my way around with this wonderful X5, which will be fed a steady diet of dying Surefire batteries
rolleyes.gif
smile.gif

The X5 is good enough for me to do a night-time pre-flight on the airplane with no worries about missing anything!

Now, all I have to do is get my hands on one o' those Lambda Illuminators, and perhaps an ARC LS
wink.gif
grin.gif

/TCP

PS: non-sequitur: I noticed on my ARC AAA packaging, it says, "Meet other flashlight fans at the independent user group 'Candle Power Forums'" with the web address. How's that for CLASS?! Cheers, Mr. Gransee!

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
It didn't take long for you to become a flashaholic!
shocked.gif
wink.gif

Glad you like the X5, I hear Gransee has ARC LS seconds for sale again, if you hurry you may be able to get one before they are gone.
wink.gif

Are you broke yet?
blush.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

TCPilot

Newly Enlightened
Sean,

I'm BROKE, but I can scrape enough together for an LS!

Yes, I'm a newbie flashaholic...

PROS:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Prepared for any emergency
<LI>Monthly home electric bill is dwindling due to me puttering around in the dark with a new flashlight
[/list]

CONS:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>There're never enough FLASHLIGHTS around when you need one
<LI>Entire disposable income is gone
[/list]

Well, I'm having fun at least!

/TCP

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Not to burst anyone's bubble about the Inova 5x, but I bought one a couple of weeks ago at fry's and after using it for a week, it suddenly got something stuck inside the light or whatever. It didn't budge not matter how much I banged on it or twisted it. I got about 4 blisters after trying unsuccessfully to open or close it. When I was trying to open it up, I realized that the head is totally smooth. Seems odd to me. I think something inside broke loose and got stuck in the screw portion of it which prevented me from twisting it open or closed. I did get to see the light dim over the course of a couple days, it was pretty sad. I just returned it today at fry's (and got to see the return guy try unsuccessfully to open it after struggling like I had even when I told him its almost near impossible to do). It was a great light when it worked, may it rest in peace.
frown.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TCPilot:
CONS:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>There're never enough FLASHLIGHTS around when you need one
<LI>Entire disposable income is gone
[/list]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Somehow, finding a flashlight when I need one isn't the most difficult challenge I face - not when there are more than 300 to choose from. Figure that's approximately a flashight per every 16 square inches here - perhaps even more - two per square foot isn't impossible. Consider that approximately 2/3 of the space here is unusable for habitation; it's just storage.
smile.gif
I figure that just about anywhere I stand, I can whirl around and be within arm's reach of at least three flashlights.

And why stop at *DISPOSABLE* income? You can do without cable for a month, water down the milk, get rid of the cat, take the carpool to work, turn 1 roll of 2-ply into 2 rolls of 1-ply, have that second phone line yanked, put a brick in your tank, switch from Miller to Olde English 800, switch from Wheat Chex to President's Choice Wheat Pillows, buy Suave instead of Vidal Sassoon, and cancel the morning newspaper.
grin.gif

TCPilot

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
And why stop at *DISPOSABLE* income? You can do without cable for a month, water down the milk, get rid of the cat, take the carpool to work, turn 1 roll of 2-ply into 2 rolls of 1-ply, have that second phone line yanked, put a brick in your tank, switch from Miller to Olde English 800, switch from Wheat Chex to President's Choice Wheat Pillows, buy Suave instead of Vidal Sassoon, and cancel the morning newspaper.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gosh Craig, you sound like someone who's speaking from experience! I don't know if I'm ready to go that far yet!

I bet if you turned ALL your flashlights on at the same time, you'd get a heck of a suntan...even fully clothed!!!

/TCP

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Got my X5 yesterday. Other than Photon IIs, it's my only LED light. It would be an understatement to say I'm impressed. Love the light output and the precision fit and finish. And yes, it's hard to put down.
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hotfoot:
Apart from our flashlights, some of us here are actually living below the poverty line
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that stop us from having enough flashlights to illuminate the whole city block from which we live? Nope.
smile.gif

RevJim

Newly Enlightened
TCPilot, We're all proud of you. It seems only a short while back you were a newbee. Way to go! I've found that when funds dry up, it may be time to trade some lights.
grin.gif
Unless you want to sell some for a rediculously low amount, in which case I can be contacted at...

TCPilot

Newly Enlightened
Alert, Alert,

Newbie on fire!

Sean mentioned something about LS Seconds still possibly being available. So, with $0 in hand, I emailed Peter, and now I have an order in for an LS Second!

Thank goodness for plastic...I fear it won't be long before I join y'all down there beneath the poverty line
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

/TCP

Darell

Flashaholic
Ya know... Pilots and flashlights should be attached at the hip. I only WISH I had an excuse that good to buy all the lights I do. You're making me so proud!

snif.

TCPilot

Newly Enlightened
Darell,

You are SO right. The 2 things that seem to attract pilots are flashlights & sunglasses....all of them seem to have too many of both.

The big paradox is, "that guy flies airplanes...he must be RICH!"

Anyone who flies airplanes knows the truth: "I fly an airplane. I have NO MONEY!"

If these hobbies keep up, I'm going to have to rub 2 sticks together to get light....

/TCP

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TCPilot:
. The 2 things that seem to attract pilots are flashlights & sunglasses..../TCP<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hhmmmm......There's something that doesn't sound quite right her, but I can't put my finger on it...
rolleyes.gif
TX