Got some Surefire DEF's

Chehalis

Newly Enlightened
Okay, it looks like there are five KROMA models. The standard KROMA and the MILSPEC KROMA and then three KROMA TURBO models. These can't all be limited editions as there is way more involved here than just some CNC work or crenelated bezels. What exactly is the deal here? Why wouldn't they sell them in the US? How can they ship these when they haven't even shipped out the regular KROMAs yet? Curse? Size15s? Anybody?

:rant:

Last edited:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beats me!

Im angry as H... now,if i had known this i would have used my money on the 5W model instead of the Kroma milspec.

:mad:

Benny

Mad1

Enlightened
Chehalis said:
Okay, it looks like there are five KROMA models. The standard KROMA and the MILSPEC KROMA and then three KROMA TURBO models. These can't all be limited editions as there is way more involved here than just some CNC work or crenelated bezels. What exactly is the deal here? Why wouldn't they sell them in the US? How can they ship these when they haven't even shipped out the regular KROMAs yet? Curse? Size15s? Anybody?

:rant:

Good point.

Places like Asia get everything before we do in Europe and the USA.

Take mobile phones for example they had 3MP camera phones years ago. We are only just getting them.

We are about 2 years behind them in technology.

It's not fair, I want a Kroma. :(

Size15's

Flashaholic
MorpheusT1 said:
Beats me!
Im angry as H... now,if i had known this i would have used my money on the 5W model instead of the Kroma milspec.
:mad:
Benny

There's always gonna be the next new flashlight. At some point one has to bite the bullet and buy one rather than wait for the next one and the next one and the one after that.

These "TurboHead Kromas" are special limited editions so I consider these are special additional models to the Kroma & KromaMS rather than part of the Kroma series.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mad1 said:
Good point.

Take mobile phones for example they had 3MP camera phones years ago. We are only just getting them.

you mean like how they never released any of the Porcupine lights in the western hemisphere?

Size15's

Flashaholic
270winchester said:
you mean like how they never released any of the Porcupine lights in the western hemisphere?

The Porcupines are extra special since I believe a distributer has an arrangement with SureFire to have them exclusively.

Just because we've not yet seen other Dealers offering these TurboHead Kromas doesn't mean they aren't.

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, maybe I am weird or something (some of you can easily confirm that :) ), but I see searching out Porky's or other rare SF's and other lights as interesting and fun! :grin2: Maybe frustrating at times to be sure, but soooo nice when you have success and your hard work pays off and you have something rare and cool in your hands.

Yeah, I guess now that I think about it, I must just be weird. :eek:oo: :D

Chehalis

Newly Enlightened
Size15's said:
The Porcupines are extra special since I believe a distributer has an arrangement with SureFire to have them exclusively.

Just because we've not yet seen other Dealers offering these TurboHead Kromas doesn't mean they aren't.

Yeah but this is the first we've heard of them and they have already sold out. Only a privileged few who knew about them in advance will be able to get their hands on them. At least with the Porcupines they showed up on some websites for mere mortals to purchase.

Chehalis

Newly Enlightened
Mad1 said:

Very true but in this case the item in question is actually made in the USA yet not availble here despite this.

maverick

Enlightened
I've received heaps of PM's from people asking if I have any of these for sale. I guess the short answer would be no, but I would be willing to trade away one of them for something like an L6 Porky if anyone is interested.

J

jeffreylo88

Surefire DEF3 Vs Kroma Mil

Apart from the bezel diameter and the color LED mode, what other differences between these two models. Is DEF3 using 5W LED?

marcspar

Enlightened
Re: Surefire DEF3 Vs Kroma Mil

Yes, LuxV vs LuxIII and 5mm surround leds vs 3mm

Half the run time, but lumens goes from 60 to 80 on the main led.

Marc

(plus the really cool PK log!)

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I heard it through the Surefire vine that the only difference between the 8K and 5K Turbo Kroma models were the Kelvin temp of the main led.... The switches/tailcaps are the same for both models....

8K is going to be way cooler than the 5K....

Heres a Kelvin Chart.....
a_color_temp02.gif

**Of course this is all vapor, just sharing some with you folks**

seattlite

Enlightened
Anyone know of a Surefire Dealer in Beijing, China. I have a buddy that's going overthere in a couple of weeks. Maybe he can round up some Asia only SF lights.

Latest posts