Got some Surefire DEF's

AW

Newly Enlightened
The local dealer here just bumped up the price of the 8K from $275 to $480. Almost 75% price hike within a few days :mad:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
PoliceScannerMan said:
I heard it through the Surefire vine that the only difference between the 8K and 5K Turbo Kroma models were the Kelvin temp of the main led.... The switches/tailcaps are the same for both models....

8K is going to be way cooler than the 5K....

Heres a Kelvin Chart.....
a_color_temp02.gif

**Of course this is all vapor, just sharing some with you folks**
Can anyone confirm my vapor on the 5K and 8K?

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoah......if the 8K cost $480......

Man, I can't image what the 5K would cost!!!! :green:

5K would definately be my preference. 8000 kelvin is a bit too cool.

WP

AW

Newly Enlightened
The 5K here is $410.... they have a smaller bezel with 3mm LEDs. Price few days ago was $225.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
AW said:
The 5K here is $410.... they have a smaller bezel with 3mm LEDs. Price few days ago was $225.

Irrational Exuberance ? :nana:

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did I understand correctly that you CANNOT turn on the outer LED's on the 5K without the main led turned on? Is that correct?

maverick said:
.... I also saw a "DEF 5K" version, the difference is the brightness of the main led and the inability to turn on the outer leds independantly of the main led....

Curtis

Last edited:

UKSFighter

Newly Enlightened
I've seen a different version of the 5K. It has 5mm LEDs on the outer ring, they can be activated without the white main beam or with it and have a 5W Lux behind a cool looking TIR. The bezel is 2" in diameter. Also of note, the one I saw has a 2 stage clickie tailcap (very interesting). Low and High beam of the central LED, super bright and lots of throw.

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
tacticalsupply.com said:
I've seen a different version of the 5K. It has 5mm LEDs on the outer ring, they can be activated without the white main beam or with it and have a 5W Lux behind a cool looking TIR. The bezel is 2" in diameter. Also of note, the one I saw has a 2 stage clickie tailcap (very interesting). Low and High beam of the central LED, super bright and lots of throw.

That sounds sweet!! :drool:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
AW said:
The local dealer here just bumped up the price of the 8K from $275 to $480. Almost 75% price hike within a few days :mad:

Can you show us some pictures of the ones you have seen VS the Light dicussed in this thread.

It would be interesting to know more about the diffrences.

Thanks,
Benny

JCM3

Newly Enlightened
From what I can tell there are three versions (red/blue, red/green and blue/ir) and perhaps 5K and 8K variants of those as well. All of these have 5mm LEDs surrounding the lens. I don't think there is one with 3mm LEDs as that would mean it does not have a Turbohead right? Maybe someone is confusing it with the regular red/blue Kroma? It sounds like 5K and 8K refer only to the color temperature and not the functionality of the light or size of the surrounding LEDs.

I'd be interested in purchasing one of these 5K Turbo Kromas with a red/green combination. Please PM me if you can do this. Thanks.

JCM3

Newly Enlightened
AW said:

Did you see this in person or was this something they told you via email/phone? Could they simply be releasing the regular Kroma in two different color temperatures? If it has 3mm LEDs and a smaller bezel then it's not a Turbohead version. Is the white beam on high still using a Luxeon V at 80 lumens on this non-Turbohead version as opposed to a Luxeon III at 60 lumens as with the regular Kroma? Maverick also mentioned the 5K version having a dimmer light and inability to used the surrounding LEDs on their own. Not being able to use them individually doesn't make much sense though. This is all very confusing. There appear to be as many as 14 versions of the Kroma now. This is getting out of hand.

Last edited:

AW

Newly Enlightened
I have handled them myself at the local dealer here but haven't bought one yet.

Tse Kin : :wave: How many times you'll have to skip lunch to buy that 8K?:naughty:

Last edited:

Tsz Kin

Newly Enlightened
AW said:
I have handled them myself at the local dealer here but haven't bought one yet.

Tse Kin : :wave: How many times you'll have to skip lunch to buy that 8K?:naughty:
AW :wave: No ~~~ I have lunch Daily ~~~don't worry my lunch!!:bumpit:

Latest posts