• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *Gots Parts?* Mini Edc Second Run with P7/MC-E Leds And Backlit Tailcap Button

Speedwar

Newly Enlightened
Re: Mini Edc Second Run with P7/MC-E Leds And Backlit Tailcap Button

Actually, it is possible to build even brighter like 1000 lumens EDC?:shrug: Just wondering.

elnino

Enlightened

PM sent.

Speedwar

Newly Enlightened

Paypal Payment Sent.:wave:

Flenser

Newly Enlightened
I have to ask...

"Yes" PM me :sssh:

How do you get 1000 lumens out of an EDC-sized package?

Also, is the order in? :) I'm very much looking forward to my first custom light. Aside from my Terralux-upgraded Maglites, that is.

I've always had a love for flashlights and magnets. Discovering CPF has opened new, expensive vistas for me. :laughing:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do you also sell MCE led?

Speedwar

Newly Enlightened
Re: I have to ask...

see here https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/218409

Also, is the order in? :) I'm very much looking forward to my first custom light. Aside from my Terralux-upgraded Maglites, that is.

I've always had a love for flashlights and magnets. Discovering CPF has opened new, expensive vistas for me. :laughing:

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a bunch of Leds on order, But not the Edc Hosts.. That will be
sometime next week. Weds i think. The details on the 1000 lumen
light will be up soon :) Iam just waing on my AW batts to arrive
for testing :whistle:

Do you also sell MCE led?
Did you want "Just" the led? Or wha?

Hehe, thanks :wave:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have 2 electro lumens blasters 3 D I thought might be a good upgrade with its optics it should be a good beam pattern!Im looking fro 2 MCe .

What do you think? it would be DD on 3 NIMH d cell.

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have 2 electro lumens blasters 3 D I thought might be a good upgrade with its optics it should be a good beam pattern!Im looking fro 2 MCe .

What do you think? it would be DD on 3 NIMH d cell.

Direct Drive on an MC-E is not a good idea :(
It will most likely overdrive it, turn blue, and burn out :eek:
You would need a 7135 regulator at the very least.
PM me about it...

andygillis

Newly Enlightened

I'm stuck deciding between this and the 18650 mini edc, although it is just a feeler thread. What would the difference in output be between this light with the multilevel driver and the 18650 with the upgraded 2400ma driver be? Assuming i choose the cree-mce?

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm stuck deciding between this and the 18650 mini edc, although it is just a feeler thread. What would the difference in output be between this light with the multilevel driver and the 18650 with the upgraded 2400ma driver be? Assuming i choose the cree-mce?

I answered ya in a PM :thumbsup:

Sweet!!

floodlight

Newly Enlightened

I know how you feel. I had the same problem. But I solved it now: I got both!!!

I have the 18650 EDC that uses the same driver as the mini edc. So, I guess I could give everyone an idea of what the mini EDC will be like.

I really like this driver the mini EDC will be using. The light output from this EDC light is not the highest but 300-400 lumens that you could use for 20-30 minutes isn't bad. Not to mention the low low 0.4% output could last you for days. A high quality EDC light that could give you high output AND long run time in a tiny package. Not bad at all.

Regarding the 18650 EDC with 2400ma driver. I finally broke down today and signed up for one. An EDC that could produce 600-700 lumens (at 2400ma) with a medium and low to work with. Can't get any better than that.

If you could afford both, get both. If you could not afford both, I would recommend the 18650 EDC for its longer run-time and higher output. I have the 18650 EDC. I EDC it in my front jean pocket without any problem.

Frankly, you can't go wrong with either.

andygillis

Newly Enlightened

I know how you feel. I had the same problem. But I solved it now: I got both!!!

I have the 18650 EDC that uses the same driver as the mini edc. So, I guess I could give everyone an idea of what the mini EDC will be like.

I really like this driver the mini EDC will be using. The light output from this EDC light is not the highest but 300-400 lumens that you could use for 20-30 minutes isn't bad. Not to mention the low low 0.4% output could last you for days. A high quality EDC light that could give you high output AND long run time in a tiny package. Not bad at all.

Regarding the 18650 EDC with 2400ma driver. I finally broke down today and signed up for one. An EDC that could produce 600-700 lumens (at 2400ma) with a medium and low to work with. Can't get any better than that.

If you could afford both, get both. If you could not afford both, I would recommend the 18650 EDC for its longer run-time and higher output. I have the 18650 EDC. I EDC it in my front jean pocket without any problem.

Frankly, you can't go wrong with either.

I've decided to go with both. For this one can you put me down for the light, green glow tailcap, multilevel driver, set of batteries and charger?

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any plans for more of the Mini EDC.
Yes, Many, Many more....................

Love my AW RCR123. Which light do you use them with?

Thanks Rob

I've decided to go with both. For this one can you put me down for the light, green glow tailcap, multilevel driver, set of batteries and charger?
I will put you down for it :)

Last edited:

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: *UPDATE* Mini Edc Second Run with P7/MC-E Leds And Backlit Tailcap Button

All parts are ordered :wave:

Thanks All!!!! :eek: