GTA Get Together - The Quark Expo

MerkurMan

Newly Enlightened
I am available Monday (Feb 22) and Wednesday (Feb 24). I don't think I'll have my U2. I'll bring...
  • Solarforce L2m SS
  • LF2XT and LF2X
  • Jetbeam RRT-0, RRT-1 and Jet I Pro IBS
Kit and Merkurman, if you are coming can you bring your Quarks. If others have quarks can you also bring them along?

Currently I'm thinking of picking up a Quark 2 AA Turbo and maybe a titanium Preon or mini if they are available at the outdoor adventure show. I'm interested in looking at other Quark models also.
Monday and Wednesday work for me. Hopefully it'll be a little warmer by then!

As far as Quarks go, I've got a neutral tactical head, R2 regular head (the one that's on clearance sale/sold out), and the titanium AA tactical. As far as bodies go, I've got one of everything except the 2 AA. :eek: Also, the Mini 123 (cool) and Mini AA (neutral). No Turbos or Preons, though. I'll bring them along with me so you can try them out.

I recently dug my two L-Mini MC-Es out of a box in my closet, so I'll be bringing those out as well. :devil:

Max Brightness

Enlightened
Thanks for bringing your Quarks. That's great.

Well, Monday is no longer good for me. Let's meet up on Wednesday

Date: Wednesday Feb 24
Time: starting around 7:00 pm.
Place: Starbucks on Ellis & Bloor, at north west corner of High Park.

ackbar

Enlightened
Awesome! I'm confirmed for Wed.

I finally got around to cleaning up my Mag aspheric. No more ugly bicycle inner tube around the head :D

MerkurMan

Newly Enlightened
Ugh, I hate doing this once again, but I'm going to have to pass on the meet tonight. Before I had time to think about it, I agreed to attend an Olympics night at my friend's house. Going to have a few people over to watch the Canada/Russia game, fire up the BBQ, etc. I technically should cancel that, but I wouldn't hear the end of it!

It's funny, because I was actually prepared for this one! I went out and bought one of those Plano tackleboxes at Walmart, and have all my lights neatly organized and batteries charged and ready to go! :ohgeez:

Anyway, we should all meet again soon sometime. Maybe we'll throw around dates after tonight's meet?

Have fun guys! And sorry about the Quark no-show, Peter. But hey, since we're so close, maybe we could just meet up after work sometime for a little demo? Let me know.

Max Brightness

Enlightened
Merkurman,

Sorry we won't see you tonight. I would like to see the game also but I guess I'll have to settle for the final score and highlights.

We should meet up some evening. I'll PM you my phone number.

Max Brightness

Enlightened
Hi all,

a few of us are having an HID shootout on wednesday march 17.

We are meeting at the starbucks at Bloor and ellis (north west side of high park). We will arrive by 8pm.

Come on out and enjoy.

keysandslots

Newly Enlightened
I happened to see a mention of a GTA group in a post by LEDninja and sent a PM asking about getting involved. He suggested I subscribe to this thread, which I'll figure out how to do shortly. I'm not buying too many lights this year, been out of work for a few months, but I have a small collection and would be interested in knowing a bit more about building lights. I have an empty bombproof host that I'd like to do something with when I get some funds.

I live in Mississauga, near Queensway and Cawthra.

Randy

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:
You already did by posting in it.
If you are logged in there is a link at the bottom of a thread page that says "subscribe to this thread" or "unsubscribe from this thread" if you have already subscribed.
If you go to "My control panel" top left of every page you will see a list of subscribed threads with new posts. If you follow the link on the left that says "list subscriptions" you can unsubscribe "delete" any threads that no longer interest you. Recommend you do this on a regular basis.
He suggested I subscribe to this thread, which I'll figure out how to do shortly.