H/M/L or L/M/H for surefire Defender

chip100t

Enlightened
I own several surefires that up until now I have been storing them as new. But have decided they are not treasure and I do not need to save them for posterities sake. And the war in Ukraine has shown me enjoy life today as you can't take tomorrow as granted.

So I have put a fury intelibeam in my bag, a G2x law enforcement in my big coat and and a Titan plus on my keys.

I would really like to edc my surefire defender but to do so it would really need a medium setting. Can this be done with an after market head, if so which one?

Thanks in advance.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
What version is your defender - 200 / 500/600 / 1000 lm?

This is me to find out which beam you need, 200/500/600 lm have narrower beams than the current 1000 lm and they hit further in distance.

If you take ready-made interchangeable heads with 3 modes, then they have the same beam shape as G2x

Can take such a case and install a suitable dropin P60 into it
then there will be a huge selection of customizable guts, that is, any shape of the beam - from narrow to wide and many modes
But then the flashlight head will be the same size as your G2x, do you want to increase the head size?

Or find a modder who will replace the driver in your head with a custom one. I saw it somewhere, but I can't find it quickly.

Last edited:

chip100t

Enlightened
That's perfect thanks. Shipping is $55 so I will wait until I have a little more disposable cash to add some other items to the order while I am at it.

Thanks again.

chip100t

Enlightened
I'm in the uk. I bought an mdc ha 123 last year and paid the £55 then.
I am not gripping as I really like the light and do carry it a lot. I will definitely buy one of the heads posted above but now thinking an 18650 body too.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 18650 body is cool . If you can get by less capacity then a CR123 or 14500 body is hard to beat. 16650 is a nice size.
I think of CR123 as my winter time pick and the 18650 as my summer time.
Why....b\c winter is when my pants get tighter. Summer is when they get baggy.