Which One Do You Prefer?

• H501

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • H501w

Votes: 33 80.5%

• Total voters

red02

Enlightened
That's very interesting. Going against what the majority say about warm tints outdoors. I find it interesting you say that red02, because I find that the use of cool tint indoors makes you feel uncomfortable, while using the warm tint indoors, leaves you feeling relaxed and less tense. :sssh:
No doubt 5A gets more contrast, but it that makes things odd almost like you turned started playing with the hue on your tv. It looks more like an bad incan lamp to me. I must have gotten a bad batch of cool-aid at the flashlight party...:shrug:

pae77

Enlightened
I think the tint on my H501w (I got one with the new UI, btw) is the best of any of my lights so far. It's even better than my LF2XT which itself has a pretty awesome tint, imo. Indoors or out, I really like the tint on the H501w.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's very interesting. Going against what the majority say about warm tints outdoors. I find it interesting you say that red02, because I find that the use of cool tint indoors makes you feel uncomfortable, while using the warm tint indoors, leaves you feeling relaxed and less tense. :sssh:

In my job as a cleaner I would clean a room in a basement a few days ago. The household light didn't work in the room, so I used my H501W.
The room was white painted and the warm tint of H501W was so comfortable and relaxed. I know that the eyes to such a degree can be used to different tints. But everytime I use a warm white light I feel the same: I wish all my lights had been warm tinted! :)

Last edited:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you guys have convinced me to get a warm tint for my next light.

yowzer

Enlightened
I think you guys have convinced me to get a warm tint for my next light.

Once you've gone neutral/warm, you can't go back. :twothumbs:

I have a hard time justifying getting any new light if it doesn't have a NW tint as an option.