Hair in your food!

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What would you do in this scenario at a restaurant?

we took one of our granddaughters out to eat at a local Thai restaurant and part way through the meal and she found part of a mosquito eater insect in her dish. We called a waiter over and she replaced her meal. I halfway expected to be charged for the bug as added protein.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast

With so many people in the world going hungry every day and literally ingesting dirt with what little food they can get, it seems ridiculous to send back a plate of food to go in the trash for an errant hair.
Perhaps there could be a Howard Hughes Cafe that caters to mysophobes?

Well sure there are hungry people but I wouldn't eat anything with someone's hair in it, I don't think it happens to one person very often so I don't see why one should feel guilty, besides your paying $20+ for a steak you won't it to be proper. If someone feels guilty because they have the money to buy an expensive steak then don't go in and eat just the give the money to the homeless outside.

kristine

Newly Enlightened
Hi I am just new here in this forum. It depends on how big the hair is. Anyways, I would tell the waiter and leave and never to return. Why would I return to that kind of service?

explorerlyon

Newly Enlightened
#1-Remove the hair and continue eating. However, if it happens a second time or I notice other unsanitary things, I stop going back to the restaurant.

Slazmo

Enlightened

had a Subway sandwich with a big black hair (from the chicks head behind the counter) baked into the bun... Took it back and got another - with a hair in the salad... Looked at her and threw it in the trash. Put me off Subway for aggggggeeeeessssss!

Bought yoghurt - decanted it into a bowl, got to the end of the bowl... Big nasty hair like off a bikies beard - I dont have a beard..... EWWWWW!!!! Promptly given a gift card from the yoghurt company and a long winded 2 page appology - how their employees have to wear beard mask blah blah blah. Never bought their hairy yoghurt again!