Weird food science going on

.... Bourbon less than once a week,
Me too. Bourbon once a week. Cuz there's lots of other wonderful spirits to enjoy. 😋

IMG_2276.jpeg

but I do love some Woodford Double Oaked. :)

Yep! Front row, sir! ;)

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Weird food science? For years I would take home my favorite Taco Bell items, stick 'em in the fridge, and reheat them in the oven later that night. Well, one day they started using some new, cheaper "tortilla" shell that was definitely concocted in a lab somewhere. Smelled like I was baking dog crap. Upon further experimentation, I found the new tortillas were designed for immediate consumption, and did not like being reheated. I haven't tried it again since.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Absolutely. Warm saltwater for hydration and rehydration. If I touched sugar, which I don't, a half teaspoon would make it even more effective. A bit of food helps a lot.

I work in my warehouse 5 days a week. It ranges from 95 - 103 degrees six months of the year, with our hellish Southern humidity. I ride dirt bikes all summer, covered in armor from head to toe. I've got hydration and rehydration down to a fine tuned science. :cool:
I bought a bottle of "pedialite sport" in fruit punch flavor. It was like Hawaiian Punch mixed with ocean water. Good gosh!! I drank a few gulps before leaving the parking lot of the store where I bought it. Worth it. It does taste better cooled down in the fridge, but sweet salt water is such a weird combination, so if I drank salty water often I'd probably add a a flavor like peanut butter flower or tomato juice, something that compliments the salt flavor.
I learned many moons ago that drinking body temperature water helps the body more efficiently beccause the body does not expend energy warming it up. In extreme cases that can make a difference.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Many moons ago, I worked on the assembly line in a factory. There they had a salt tablet dispenser. It was there to replace the salt one lost sweating during the day.

I don't know if it is true, but I heard that if one is very salt depleted, one would barely taste the salt when consumed in water.