Heading to Iceland in July ... Should I bother bringing a flashlight?

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't most of the people on this forum carry a light when it's useless 99% of the time:D?

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use my flashlight during the day all the time, it's still dark indoors!

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bring your keychainlight. I carry mine all year. Even in the "constant daylight season".
More important, bring some "sleeping googles" or thick black curtians or something. Pepole that are not used to constant daylight usually have big problems getting some sleep when they visit northern areas.

Last edited:

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the mentality of modern-day plebeians. "What the hell do I need a flashlight for? There's plenty of light during the day, and plenty of street lamps at night!"

I'd rather carry it and not need it, than not have it when needed.

MatthewSB

Enlightened
I'd bring one, if you intend to spend time in buildings. Also, you'll be traveling there and back, on a plane or boat or blimp or something.

Actually, I'd bring a few, because they're small, for 'just in case'.

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
My gawd man! You need a light to signal the tall blondes to bring you lquid sustenance [beer] after a long day exploring ice caves. OTOH, you need the light to find the beer you stashed in an ice cave before exploring those tall icelandic blondes!!

sgt253

Enlightened
My gawd man! You need a light to signal the tall blondes to bring you lquid sustenance [beer] after a long day exploring ice caves. OTOH, you need the light to find the beer you stashed in an ice cave before exploring those tall icelandic blondes!!

HAHAHA!!! Exactly right!

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
You always need a flashlight... one light during the day... two lights are needed for night... THREE lights if you're going outdoors at night and 3rd one is the one you're going to use... all three ranging from Mickey-Mouse to Bad-@ss retina burner... :devil:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still remember that comment from that luxury cruise ship that was left w/o power/water for few days... Press asked him if it's true that he had bright flashlight and everybody was looking up to him... Dude said: I HAD THREE !!! On a luxury ship... go figure...

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
95% of the time, my flashlights act as spare battery containers for my other gadgets ;-)

Z-Tab

Enlightened
I would actually recommend bringing something with a low-low so you don't have to open the blackout curtains at night.

You might not need to bring too many spare batteries, but I'm sure you'll find yourself reaching for a light if you leave them at home.

markr6

Flashaholic
Awesome! Iceland is one of the few places that I REALLY want to visit. All other destinations are basically just time off from work.

Latest posts