Help me decide. Fenix TK60, TK41, Thrunite Catapult V3, Olight M3x Which 1 to Buy?

moerush04

Newly Enlightened
I was under the impression that The Thrunite Cat V3 was a better thrower than the Olight M3X. I opened a thread about a month ago to see if anything out on the market threw further than The Cat V3 in its category. I had no challengers at the time. I have the Cat V3 and it is pretty amazing!

On a side note, I saw someone mention a shortcoming of the Catapult V3 was it does not work to its full potential without the battery extender. This is incorrect. If you use CR123's or RCR123's, the Catapult V3 works to its full power in the short configuration, with a sacrifice in runtime of course.

nodoubt

Banned
I was under the impression that The Thrunite Cat V3 was a better thrower than the Olight M3X. I opened a thread about a month ago to see if anything out on the market threw further than The Cat V3 in its category. I had no challengers at the time. I have the Cat V3 and it is pretty amazing!

On a side note, I saw someone mention a shortcoming of the Catapult V3 was it does not work to its full potential without the battery extender. This is incorrect. If you use CR123's or RCR123's, the Catapult V3 works to its full power in the short configuration, with a sacrifice in runtime of course.

olight m3x will outthrow the cat but not by a landslide......

Fatso

Newly Enlightened
The Catapult V3 is and excellent Thrower!
The M3x just out does it in throw and spill but not a huge difference.. Slightly Better IMO.. I just wish It had a low mode of around 2-50 lumens.

Fatso

Newly Enlightened
??????????????/
Will update with pictures

Last edited:

moerush04

Newly Enlightened
The Catapult V3 is and excellent Thrower!
The M3x just out does it in throw and spill but not a huge difference.. Slightly Better IMO..
olight m3x will outthrow the cat but not by a landslide......
Not to be a stickler, but was this proven in an isosphere? Everywhere I looked seemed to be the opposite. I also spent some time on goinggear.com's ultimate flashlight comparison on youtube where he demoed both lights and the video made it seem like the Cat V3 was the winner at least from what I was able to see. Does anyone think they might be able to link me to the pages that have the comparison results because I am really curious now. I love Olight, I have the M30 and it is an awesome light. If it is only by review then its no prob. I am just really surprised because I spent a good amount of time thoroughly checking to see which light was the king thrower. I guess that is just my luck though. I am sure some of you can identify. It does not change my opinion of my Cat V3. It is a haas of a light. Happy hunting!

Last edited:

Fatso

Newly Enlightened
In GoingGears Youtube you can find a direct comparison with the Catapult V3 and M3x. He says on that video The M3X slightly out performs the Catapult V3.
I'm just passing the info a long. I actually had seen them in person myself and can confirm the M3x to my eyes seems to throw slightly farther and the spill is wider though the catapults spill seems brighter.

Maybe someone with more experience will chime in on this?

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
I received my Scorpion V2 with the Turbo Head last night and compared it to my Fenix TK25 on max and they are both pretty well matched. Of course, the Fenix costs considerably less and has twice the battery power.

I am using my Scorpion V2 Turbo for a carbine weapon mount for night hog hunting and the Fenix TK35 for a hand held torch, together there will not be much that will get away within 250 yards!!

Here is my rifle with the Olight M-20 that I am upgrading to the XM-L emitter head. The Olight is a great weapon light too.

Olight%20M20.jpg
+1 on this. I have an 4Sevens G5 Mounted to my 5.56. Waiting for the Olight M2x that is coming out.

Fatso

Newly Enlightened
Update. My TK60 should be here tomorrow along with my other SR91. Well according to tracking it suppose to be..??

Fatso

Newly Enlightened
OK here is all what's left of my lights:(
The three on the end are my new ones.

What do you guys think would be a good light to buy next?

Lights from left to right:
Zebralight H31w, SS LD01, L0D, P2D With L1D Body, Older LD20 W/Smooth Reflector Q5, LD25, TK20, P20A2 MKII R5, LD40, T20C2 MKII Smooth Reflector Q3-5A, Scorpion W/Turbo Head, Gold Predator V1.2, Black Predator V1.2, Silver Predator V1.2, TK60, SR91, SR91, I forgot to put the Spark and some others but this is good since I'm selling the rest..

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Last edited:

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got both TK41/60. Either light is good. I initially bought the TK60 but went and got the TK41 to keep in the car. They throw pretty darn good and I like the fact that I can use the TK60 as a baton if need be. That's why it's my dog walking light instead of the TK41.

Another thing, the TK60 looks great in 3D format. Better than the TK41 and not much bigger. TK60 can also take alkaline D's in an emergency, or alkaline AA's in the adaptors I use with the eneloops in it now. I'm thinking about getting some full size nimh D's, but I'm not sure if the weight is worth it for the super long runtime. I mean, I can always jut take a spare set of eneloops can't I.

Fatso

Newly Enlightened
I've got both TK41/60. Either light is good. I initially bought the TK60 but went and got the TK41 to keep in the car. They throw pretty darn good and I like the fact that I can use the TK60 as a baton if need be. That's why it's my dog walking light instead of the TK41.

Another thing, the TK60 looks great in 3D format. Better than the TK41 and not much bigger. TK60 can also take alkaline D's in an emergency, or alkaline AA's in the adaptors I use with the eneloops in it now. I'm thinking about getting some full size nimh D's, but I'm not sure if the weight is worth it for the super long runtime. I mean, I can always jut take a spare set of eneloops can't I.

Yes I ike the TK60 in 3D format. It actually runs the same as with 4 cells but don't know for how long? Nimh batteries seem to supply some juice! I haven't tried alkaline's but I heard they are just as good in 4D. I love the TK60. Mine Has no dust on the reflector and has a pure white tint. Some people say they got a green tint. I was lucky I guess.

I was thinking the TK41, Eagletac M3C4 XM-L or SR51 ?? Still undecided. I use a Headlight most of the time so i don't need low modes on it.

Thanks for the input. That makes me lean towards the TK41.. A plus is I like Eneloops and have lots of them..

uknewbie

Banned
OK here is all what's left of my lights:(
The three on the end are my new ones.

What do you guys think would be a good light to buy next?

Lights from left to right:
Zebralight H31w, SS LD01, L0D, P2D With L1D Body, Older LD20 W/Smooth Reflector Q5, LD25, TK20, P20A2 MKII R5, LD40, T20C2 MKII Smooth Reflector Q3-5A, Scorpion W/Turbo Head, Gold Predator V1.2, Black Predator V1.2, Silver Predator V1.2, TK60, SR91, SR91, I forgot to put the Spark and some others but this is good since I'm selling the rest..

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Why do you have two SR91's?

You seem to be lacking a big light, such as the Fenix TK70 or Olight SR90. Both would make a good next light.

I would sell one or two that you have and get one of these.

Fatso

Newly Enlightened
I should just sell whatever I have doubles of.. The SR91 I was waiting to see if anyone had Modded there's to drive it harder and if theirs works well I would mod one and leave the other stock..
I am buying a SR90 next. Just haven't gotten around to it. The TK70 looks good to.

Fatso

Newly Enlightened
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?319141-Beamshots-of-14-powerful-xm-l-flashlights%28including-TK70%29-1-xp-g-for-comparison.

It is the 3rd time i post my thread, guys, use the search option, you might find some information that will help you a lot. All the flashlights that you are asking for are in my thread.

Awesome Comparison! Great area for beamshot's..
Your thread has everything except:
SR51
TK41
SR90
SR92
Which in my earlier post I was asking about.

amraspalantir

Newly Enlightened
hi. my basis is on the goingear video review at youtube.
at the same long distance the tk41 seems to be brighter than both the l3x and v3.
v3 has bigger hotspot though. take a view at it.

hope somebody who has actualy seen these lights can confirm.

Old goat

Newly Enlightened
I watched the video before I ordered the Catapult. I thought that it had a tighter hot spot and was just a little brighter. I just watched it again and I still think that the Cat looks better, to me at least. It might be this old man's eyes don't do as well as you young pup's eyes do.

The Cat is my first large throw light and I am very happy with it!