High Output Thrower Review: M2X - 16wFP - M1X - EL P7 Longthrow

TINF

Newly Enlightened
Hi, all!

Im new here on CPF, but got my P7-Longthrow today after a long wait.
(It was ordered before this review)
No Im waiting for the darkness, that comes late in Norway at this time off year.
Thanks for a very nice and useful Review, superb Beamshots.:twothumbs
I just have one little Question to the Experts here.
As for this comparison, I just wondered if the use of Alkalines in EL-LongThrow made the comparison a little "unfair". Elektrolumens states it will be considerably brighter with NiMhs, because Alkalines drops their Voltage very fast under high drain circumstances, here 2.8A.Should have something to do with high internal Resistance under high Amperage draw.So even if the fresh Duracells started out with 1.5 Volts , they probably dropped very fast(within Minutes?) under the 1.2 Volts of rechargable NiMhs.
Could the unfavourable "Heat sinking test" ,possibly be explained by the same facts?? This light is MASSIVE and really is built like a Tank, and its almost hard to belive that this Light heatsinks so bad compared to the Competitors?:thinking:
I have only C-cell NiMh at the time, so I havent had the time or opportunity to test it with both alternatives yet.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
You may be quite right. I did not have any charged C-cell NiMh batteries to put in it, so the heatsink test results for the P7LT could solely be a result of the batteries used.