Homemade headband flashlight mount

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
My idea: Not committed to a long reply. I have need of 8-10 hour range, and see flashlights always being new technology than head lamps. I thought of a way to convert these 3 aaa flashlights cheaply into a longer running 3-4 aa headlamp. Naturally, elastic velco (walmart sells the perfect elastic velco roll strap), hotglue, amazing goop are a part of the picture. The problem is I want an adjustable, light weight, durable, pivot. The problem was in past I used wires (even telephone cord) from head to rear battery pack. I never achieve more than a year, before wire would break; usually less than a factory design. I need something to throw in a bookbag that gets thrown around. I found a great solution was to use thin aluminium flashing (no ideal thickness found sold locally, So I glue 4 pieces together for bottom, and 2 on top, running cord inside from rear pack to hacksawed off flashlight head on forehead. Paint it black and it didn't any weirder or more nerdy than a facotory one. 14 inches long aluminum seemed to work best.