How can I improve my Gladius Blackhawk Maximis-Maximus to recent standards?

scootertrs

Newly Enlightened
I have a new in the box Gladius Blackhawk Maximis I got many years ago, and even though I love the light, I keep using my Malkoff Device "Hound Dog" instead. Being an addict to shiny things, I always love some of the features of the Maximis (Maximus) such as a pre set dim mode, a strobe mode, or a temp switch mode, but even more importantly for me is the ability to lock the light so it does not come on at all.

I read about some of the "magic" other members of the forum have done and wonder what can be done to my Blackhawk to bring it to "state of the art". I have tried selling it on eba... for a very low percentage of what I bought it for so I can buy something brighter but to date I have had no takers. I figured that I might as well bring it up to snuff with a retrofit... if it can be done affordably and reliably. By reliably, I mean that the switch gear will handle the additional current draw. Please feel free to chime in with suggestions or PMs.

I really like this light and would like to see it be as bright as my Malkoff. Thanks all.

Attachments

• IMG_1196.jpg
    IMG_1196.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    490.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1198.jpg
    IMG_1198.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1199.jpg
    IMG_1199.jpg