How do you carry your EDC?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like that pocket setup, incan AND LED.

Now all you need is a Hellfighter on your car and you'll be set :devil:

Been there, done that....:D

004-28.jpg

Joe Fowler

Newly Enlightened
I think people from both communities subscribe to the "two is one, one is none" philosophy and so always carry a backup, a backup to the backup, a backup to the backup to the backup... ;)

Also, same as knife users who appreciate the strengths and weaknesses of a particular knife, flashaholics appreciate the strengths and weaknesses of a particular flashlight and thus carry several lights with them so they can use the light appropriate to the task at hand.

That's my excuse, anyway. And I'm sticking to it... :whistle: :poke:

Good excuse! :twothumbs

HarveyRich

Enlightened
Only need to carry one, and in my pants pocket--among the change. These days it's the Itp A3 EOS, which has taken over from the Fenix LOD. It's nice and then and is hardly noticed or noticeable.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Nitecore EZCr2 on a keyring with other keys hanging from my belt loop on a clip.

Fenix P1D in my coat pocket. It was a little to big for my keyring. I intender to EDC my Quark Ti123 by clipping it to my pocket but I gave it to my wife.

recDNA

Flashaholic
My D10, Left Back Pocket.

Jet-1pro, Front Left Pocket

SurFire LX2 In My Car

And Fenix E01 On My Key Chain :twothumbs

Counting cars? I can't leave out my Eagletac T20C in my car.

How about EDC in my PJ's - MgPli LOL

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
umm.. right side pocket: Lmini2 or d10 with lanyard connected with gateclip to keybak rectractable keychain. either hanging from lanyard inside the pocket or clipped to it.

left hip: on belt holster a quark aa tactical. can be lmini2 too.

left side pocket: keys and in keychain itp eos or lummi raw as backup.

and when talking bout knives:
right pocket: my main knife clipped (the light hangs loose if this is there) one out of the current rotation: Spyderco Tenacious (at work), Sog Flash2 (off work) or sog twitch2 (discreet party mode)
left thigh pocket or left jacket pocket last few weeks: kershaw leek.
oh and sog micron on keychain (left pocket)

so i got a knife and a flashlight readily available on left and right side. depending which hand i happen to have free. (and all main items can be used singlehandedly.)

yowzer

Enlightened
It's interesting that when you talk to "knife guys" they'll carry three or four knives... can't live without them. But here, the "flashlight guys" gotta carry three or four lights.

I usually carry 2 flashlights and 2 or 3 knives on my person, plus another one or two of both in a backpack or laptop bag if I have one.

Fenix LD01 Stainless on my keychain, in LFP.
Nightcore D10 R2 loose in my RFP.

Victorinox SAK loose in LFP, Spyderco of some kind clipped RFP, and sometimes a small traditional slipjoint in my watch pocket.

Bigger light (Eagletac P100A2 or P20A2), headlamp (Zebralite H50 or Petzl Tikka+), and another Spydie in bag.

In the course of a typical day, I'll end up using every knife and light on me, occasionally the ones in my bag.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's interesting that when you talk to "knife guys" they'll carry three or four knives... can't live without them. But here, the "flashlight guys" gotta carry three or four lights.

Guess it's what you're in to.

I carry one knife and 2 flashlights. The knife is kobalt mini utility knife with 5 extra blades stored in the handle. I bought it a few years ago for maybe $5. If I'm expecting to be working in the lab that day, I'll also throw my leatherman wave on my belt.

The reason I carry 2 lights is mostly so that if someone needs to borrow a light, I can give them the AAA twisty that requires no explanation rather than trying to explain the UI on whatever I've got holstered on my belt.

Seriously, explaining how to half-click a reverse clickie or double click the clickie on a LiteFlux to a non-flashaholic isn't worth the trouble. Rather than go through pain of explaining how to advance modes and what modes are available, I just hand them the ITP AAA and tell them to tighten the head to turn it on (I don't even mention it has multiple modes).

Oh, beyond that, it's much easier to hold the ITP AAA in my mouth that any of my AA or 18650 lights.

--flatline

travelinman

Enlightened
I've got a 4" seam stitched about an inch and a half in from the outside edge of my jeans pocket (invisible from outside) that carries my normal EDC (ITP C9) or if I'm out at night my Olight M20 with ease. Keeps the keys away from the light.

It amounts to a separate compartment in the pocket for the light. Lots of room left over for keys etc.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Belt loop: McGizmo Sapphire Mule
Left front pocket: McGizmo LS20/27 (depends)
Belt: Data SPY 007 in Ripoffs holster

-Mayo

Russ T. Nutt

Newly Enlightened
Fenix L2D CE on my belt. Sorry everybody, I guess I'm not a true flashaholic - that's the only light I have at the moment.

Scott

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
definitely clipped, i lost my treasured Jet I MkIIx cos it was lying loose in my pants pocket and rolled out. Same thing happened to my Surefire G2 when the taxi jammed its brakes and my bag fell off the seat, the light rolled out without me knowing (night). So now before i close the taxi door is take out the EDC (EX10 usually) and scan under the seats.

Definitely clipped, holsters are secondary for me.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually have a Streamlight Strion on my belt next to my Leatherman Wave. EagleTac P10A clipped onto right front pocket. Gerber Infinity on Keychain and at least 2 AA's in left front pocket.