How do you carry your light?

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
the Inova X1 (soon to be replaced by the Fenix L1) lives in the bottom of my right front pocket, below my wallet, set to momentary mode
the Inova X5 is in my Pock-Its holster attached to my belt, LOTC is on
the SureFire 6P is in the other pocket in the holster, LOTC on

the X5 holds the spares for the 6P, i also have a fully loaded SC-1 in my PowerBook bag (6 123's and a P61)

Patrik

Newly Enlightened
I prefer to carry one L1 or E2L in a pocket closed with velcro or something so its safe (it could go a bit slower when needing it but I like the feeling that I wont loose it if I so got turned upside down), I carry my Charge Ti in the same manner. I do this on a daily basis whenever I go somewhere and I think that this way is very discret (important for me, personel preference), but if the occasion calls for holsters of course I use it. Perhaps when I must have the flashlight more easily accesible. When not carrying the L1 or E2L I have the Kl1 with the Vital Gear body hanging with my keys. Sometimes 2 x123 is to big and I just want to have one smaller light, thats when this combination come in handy. This configuration (KL1 + VG FB1 body) is smaller then the E1 for instance. But I only use that in urban areas, going outdoor will call for at least the E2L or similar. But I am thinking of using the KL4 on a 1 x 123 body.. oups... perhaps of topic.

Another way on carrying my Charge Ti and L1 is in a combo pouch and then put it in my leg pocket. This way they both stick together and can whenever I need them be put on my belt. This is probarbly the best because that also protects my trousers. Earlier I carryed the SOG Power Lock. At the end its quite sharp and I could see that it did make some damage to the pocket.

Just buying the M3 CB I now carry the SC2 with place for 6 x 123. And one other thing, sometimes flashlights get turned on by mistake. I do this, that will take longer time, but again this is when just carrying it around. If I think I of any reason will be needing the light I do things differently. I take a bit of paper or something and put it between the batteries and the tailcap, this way the light cant be turned on. That feels safe and I know always that my flashligt will have the power I might need. :)

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I carry a LUXIII pilled Minim*g on a standard M*g belt holster (using one up in about 6 months).

Spares are in an 8 battery case that also supplies my GPSr, left in the truck (my office).

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Keep my EDC (E2e) in a home made Kydex holster mounted on a Tek-Lok on the duty belt. As I usually work a 7 day week the duty belt almost seems permanently attached to me! When I'm not working (rarely these days) I usually carry the E2e in a jeans pocket.

Doug

Latest posts