• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

How do you carry your PD?

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don,

From the biggest goofball of silly folks to choose from at CPF, she is gorgeous and I hope she follows the lead of a relative us sad sack CPFer`s have come to know at this forum and always strives for the best she can be and wont let herself be judged in any way other than she deserves to be judged. I hope that make sense but I really prefer just being a GOOFBALL so...

Ken

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
...This is how I cary my PD but in kindness, I spared you a self portrait! :nana:

Thanks! After the helmet and kayak/feet shots, I don't think any of us want to see you wearing a 2-pc bikini top! :duck:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Ken,
She is young and still growing. With todays role models and priorities who knows what paths she may wander. Hopefully they will be paths of her choice and true to her nature and interests. :shrug:

Codeman,
I don't need a two piece. I do wear a speedo though and although it is the ideal suit for minimal drag while swimming (especially with a big camera housing hanging around my neck) and I did have the light clipped to the side while shooting the above pics (on topic comment) I do realize that you guys don't need a visual! :green:

Back on topic again, over here I just wear shorts and most don't have a belt even. I clip the PD's to the waste band on the side. I have transfered the light to the Ti neck chain with clip on ocassion when I needed some hands free illumination. With the flood beam from either the low of the LunaSol27 or a PD Mule, hanging from the neck works well with no real need for light orientation as it reasonably hangs over the area of interest.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Here's something I just made for a fellow CPF'er:

Instead of the typical tether with 2 clips, he wanted one end to have a loop so he could attach the tether around a PD.

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Gorgeous pics. :thumbsup:
Standing by for more ...
Her smile is way more attractive than the diabolic grin of the eels you usually photograph ... :p

Those pics of youth remind me how many doors have closed now that I am an old man. One can only hope the young enjoy their life to the max and make the right choices.

bernie

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Gorgeous pics. :thumbsup:
Standing by for more ...
Those pics of youth remind me how many doors have closed now that I am an old man. One can only hope the young enjoy their life to the max and make the right choices.

bernie

Is youth wasted on the young? To some degree, I think so.

Where once we were a participant we now find we are simply a spectator.

DSC_0086.jpg

There is much beauty to appreciate and enjoy.

Oh yeah, the PD is hanging from her neck here but not visible in the picture. :)

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Don, keep 'em coming! :thumbsup: This thread keeps getting better and better! :)

And while you're at it, your other underwater shots are always welcomed in the Maui Time thread... even if they're only of boring ol' fish! :laughing:

john

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Don said:

I think this is from the "old man's perspective" :p
We tend to think it is wasted on the young because we would like the innocence back. However ... the soul of the innocence means just that ... not being aware of things. WHich is why the young do not appreciate the remarkable gift of youth.

It is such a tragedy that we learn to really appreciate it once it is gone.

Which makes it even more important that we have something to remember and be melancholic about.

That is a great responsibility for parents. Make sure that their childer have a youth worthy of being melancholic about once it is gone :sick2:
Not that I had children or so ... but I'll add my 0,02 nevertheless.

bernie

P.S.: for all those who like boring ol'fish ... Don got a great album of reef fish under the Maui2007 chapter ... worth checking out !!!

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo - you should have saved these for the LunaSol thread, in case there's any unforeseen delays.

Does anyone even remember what this thread was about? Or care? :D

WTH

Newly Enlightened
Here's something I just made for a fellow CPF'er:

Instead of the typical tether with 2 clips, he wanted one end to have a loop so he could attach the tether around a PD.

HAH! This looks familiar and I'm excited to receive it!!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
beach honda,

The Ti chain came from Horie in Japan. I bought a few of these a few years back. The clip is the 26 mm Ti clip now available from a few dealers here on CPF. The Ti split ring joining the clip to chain is one that I have designed and will be coming soon to these dealers.

Green,

I am interested in the coil tether you are working with there! Cool! What is the core material, do you know? Is it urethane by chance?

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Where once we were a participant we now find we are simply a spectator.

Ah man! :( You really know how to hurt an old dude who has yet another candle for the cake that is too sweet for him to eat sneaking up on him to burn his saggy sad sack old butt once again! :mecry: Well, that wore me out but good so off to bed 6 hours before the sun even sets. :ironic: Dang candle was waiting for me!:candle:

Ken:D

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys with your pockets and holsters........

M2-LunaSol.jpg

This is how I cary my PD but in kindness, I spared you a self portrait! :nana:

Don

Its a long shot, but do you know the size and style of the Ti in the chain (and length) so that I can approach Horie. It looks like curb link chain in the picture.

Regards

David

x923x

Newly Enlightened
I picked up a Ti chain that looks almost exactly like the one in the picture but I got mine from Titanium Style back in April so another Ti light I had could clip to it. The one I bought is 30" Ti chain/model 6-014.

Anyway, I carry my PD in a SF100 Concealco holster:

c4.jpg

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

McGizmo

Flashaholic
David,
I believe it it is the Ti-K04 shown in the linked page. Horie has a bunch of cool Ti stuff.

Barefootone

Enlightened
I think this is from the "old man's perspective" :p
We tend to think it is wasted on the young because we would like the innocence back. However ... the soul of the innocence means just that ... not being aware of things. WHich is why the young do not appreciate the remarkable gift of youth.

It is such a tragedy that we learn to really appreciate it once it is gone.

Which makes it even more important that we have something to remember and be melancholic about.

That is a great responsibility for parents. Make sure that their childer have a youth worthy of being melancholic about once it is gone :sick2:
Not that I had children or so ... but I'll add my 0,02 nevertheless.

bernie

P.S.: for all those who like boring ol'fish ... Don got a great album of reef fish under the Maui2007 chapter ... worth checking out !!!

Hey Bernie,
Did you ever think that if youth is wasted on the young when we get older we would not realize the conundrum of it all :thinking:. If you follow my 60 year old brains problem with getting the right words out :green:.
I quote Don, "Where once we a participant we now find we are simply a spectator ". I'd like to add that we all had our chance at the gold ring, but unfortunately I don't think any of us could see any further than our noses that the gold ring would be out of reach all to soon. Although looking back on my youth as wonderful as it was I would not want to make a return trip. I now have beautiful Granddaughters and wouldn't give them up for the world.
Don your niece is beautiful and the photography is spectacular, thanks once again for sharing with us landlocked soles :mecry:.
All my best.
Jeff

Kiessling

Flashaholic
The problem is that we do realise it. Ignorance and stupidity are important factors to live a happy live. Without those it is way tougher to achieve. Open eyes tend to see things that hurt.

Barefootone

Enlightened
The problem is that we do realise it. Ignorance and stupidity are important factors to live a happy live. Without those it is way tougher to achieve. Open eyes tend to see things that hurt.

Bernie,
Yes we do realize it as adults, I agree. I guess what I was trying to say and I couldn't get it out :green: is in our youth we don't see life that way. If we could have appreciated our youth we didn't realize it and when we do our youth is gone. Then we can lament the fact and possibly see some errors in our ways :sigh:, but in our youth we are invincible and know everything :rolleyes:.

Latest posts