How do you display your collection ??

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
No displays. Most of mine aren't deserving of public viewing. For the most part my lights reside in the bedside cabinet and in my workshop.

Geoff

scout24

Flashaholic
My EDC's rotate, tossed on top of my dresser with wallet, knife, keys, cellphone, etc. Some folks keep a nice pelican case (or similar). Look in "Flashlight Collecting" for Show Your Pelican Case Setup... Perhaps one or two special ones on a nightstand or bookshelf, depends on the mood...

Moonshadow- just clicked on the link you put up... HOLY COW!!! first I had seen it, thank you for sharing. Just awesome!

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
I don't have much left worthy of display, so I have intentionally incurred dings on most of them.....

occasionally you'll find a row of flashlights on my desk and find quite a few missing when I leave the house, as I EDC lots of lights:

my current EDC
Surefire A2-HA-WH
Surefire L4-MCE cool white
Surefire L4-MCE 5A warm
Gerber Infinity Red

My path is always lit, and thanks to 17670s, every night will be lit for the next 3 years or so before these cells decide to quit

Kenpcfl

Newly Enlightened
I made a cheap wall display using two pre-made shelves and two cork tiles from HD. Added an LED light strip (also from HD) glued on the inside rail to illuminate the main shelf. I generally limit myself to 12 lights, so this will work for me.

flash off:

003-1.jpg

Close up with flash:

004-1.jpg

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a box I made - not really a display, but it holds a lot of lights.

100_2621.jpg

Darkstar*

Newly Enlightened
Re: How do you display you collection?

that is freaking awesome!! just beautiful! I wish my wife would allow something like that.

zenbeam

Enlightened
Flashlight Collection display methods, products, ideas?

New to collecting flashlights and new to CPF. Hoping this is correct forum for my query.

I am curious if anyone knows of any commercially available display stands, cases, mounts, etc. that are either made for flashlights or certainly will work well with flashlights?

Any links to products or photos of homemade displays would be much appreciated.

I really like the plastic display stands that I found for my pocket knives and would love to find something like this for flashlights:
SAM_0116.jpg

I also use a magnetic kitchen knife display for my collection and wonder how well this might work for flashlights? Is aluminum magnetic? I don't remember. :huh:
But this could run a small risk of scratching the anodizing if one wasn't especially careful placing and removing the lights. Hmmm.... what do you think?
SAM_0105.jpg

Thanks for indulging me!:)

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Flashlight Collection display methods, products, ideas?

Most of the cases I have seen have been custom made. You might try searching 'display cases' and see if you find something you like. There are cases for everything from sewing thimbles, to spoons, to dolls, to plates and so on. I do not recall seeing anything specific for flashlights.

Aluminum is non-magnetic.

zenbeam

Enlightened

Most of the cases I have seen have been custom made. You might try searching 'display cases' and see if you find something you like. There are cases for everything from sewing thimbles, to spoons, to dolls, to plates and so on. I do not recall seeing anything specific for flashlights.

Aluminum is non-magnetic.

I thought so about aluminum being non-magnetic. Glad I didn't try one of my magnetic strips out (would've made for a nice, unexpected impact test eh?).

Yeah, I suppose some standard googling might be nice for commercial products. But still, what better place to inquire about such a thing than here initially though right? I would love to see some pics of custom made displays to give ideas. I am sure there are many throughout a variety of posts in the forums, but not necessarily gathered together for the purpose of displaying the display. :naughty:

If I find something interesting in my own searching, I will post it up here.... for umm.... display. :whistle:

EDIT: And of course, wouldn't you just know it, the very first link to show up in a google for "flashlight collection display stand" was this thread. :)

Last edited:

zenbeam

Enlightened

Link came up in my first search: Surefire Display

Of course this was a CPF post. Really kewl that this person got a hold of some commercial/retail display cases!

And yet another CPF post here: More Display

But some of those are too big. I will continue the search!

Last edited:

sassaquin

Enlightened

Here is a case that was made for shot glasses that I use for my collection. Sorry for the bad photos, it has a mirrored back that prevents me from taking a straight on photo. It is made of oak and has adjustable glass shelves that I've spaced about five inches apart which is perfect for my collection of very small lights. The hinged door is nice because it keeps all the dust off the lights. I bought it online from a gentleman in Florida that makes display cases, but cannot remember who he is.

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG

zenbeam

Enlightened

Don't you need to have more flashlights than that to post in these forums? lol
Heck, right now I just need about an 8" x 12" cabinet for my collection. :whistle:

I do like the cabinet effect! I guess it might take some looking "outside the box" (no pun intended?) for display cases/stand intended for other items that would work well with flashlights.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is something I made up a few years back. Not really a display case, more a storage case. The top is glass and opens up.

100_2621.jpg

one-3.jpg

zenbeam

Enlightened

@Will

Nice approach to a large collection! The neat thing is that you can rotate to the top "display" whatever grouping of lights you are in the mood to show. And of course, you can always manually slide-n-show the rest to guests "on demand".