How do YOU keep your batteries?

Niconical

Enlightened
The guys that posted pics of their battery containers: What do you do about rotating your stock?

I didn't see any dates written on them, so how do you keep track of which are the oldest (so you use them first)?

I realize you may use that many batteries in a given amount of time.....but don't you want to use the oldest first?

Any primary batteries you see in my pic are from the same batch. When they run out I move a new batch to the drawer. For CR123A primaries for example I have a box of 20 waiting of the same batch, the box marked with a date code to remind me, and a box of 50 newer ones after that. Each time I do that I move the dozen or so CR123A I have stashed (car, bag etc) to the drawer, bagged in pairs, then replace them with fresher from the new box. Near the top right of the pic you can see a small plastic tub with a few loose cells. They are partially used CR123A and Energizer lithiums which I use for my "toys", AKA Quark mini AA and CR123A. For regular use it's mostly CR123A in pairs for Surefires.

For the nimh seen in the picture, those batteries are not in use, they're spares. Every device I have that takes AA or AAA has its own set of batteries. They run low, they're charged. Those few spare sets you see are just for overlap or if I'm in a rush. All of the batteries are marked (in sets of 2 or 4) by set number and tracked on a spreadsheet. The sheet shows me the last refresh, and the next refresh or break-in on Maha C9000 chargers.

Do I get my batteryholic T-shirt now? :grin2:

Batterydrawer.jpg