HURRAY, I,m not a flashoholic.

dr.d

Newly Enlightened
150 lumens will never do it. It will seem bright at first, but as your corneas burn in you'll need 200, then 300, then 500 lumen single 18650 lights, then 1000+ lumen double and triple 18650 light. Soon you will find yourself walking around with car headlights attached to huge 80Ah lead acid car batteries.

Then, you'll start to figure out what you really like in a flashlight. You'll sell the thousands of dollars of stuff you just bought at a bit of a loss on the MarketPlace to other youngens to hook them on the flashlight crack.:duh2:

At this point it will start all over again, except you'll be buying lights that are twice as expensive made by people (rather than companies) with weird names like Data, McGizmo, Kuku and Malkoff. You'll have enough lights to get you through a nuclear winter and just as many batteries that would last twice as long, but you will think you are still undersupplied. You'll start bitching that the most perfect light in the world isn't quite good enough because it only goes down to 0.03 lumens instead of 0.005 or only last 8 days 15 hours on super low rather than your other light which lasts 8 days 22 hours (because you would ever actually run it that long when you fall down a well and wait for Lassie to go get help).

Ultimately you will spend a months income a some crazy light called a Spy007 Tri-V (isn't that something James Bond carried in Goldfinger? :) ) but never actually use it to it's full potential because it will have cost so much you'll be afraid to get finger prints or lint on it.

But don't worry - I'm sure you have the will power to curb your spending and be happy with your LD10 because "It's not the flashlight we own that defines us, it what we do with it." (blatant Batman line plagiarism, sorry)

Hello, my name is SOYCD and I am a flashaholic! :welcome:

OMG! I have a long lost brother out there! This is like AA for flashlight guys, lol.

nirrebosse

Newly Enlightened
SoYCD
Very joygiving answer.
This could bee me but Rather with knifes or backpack or tents.
But some areas I do with a simmpler state of mind. I Hunt extensively and shoot the range and has done so for 27 years with the same HEYM 6,5X55 and Is happy with my One rifle and will probably use it for my time to come. I also have a Anschuts 22 lr I got for my 15 th birtday 30 years ago. I belive flashlights to be in this domain for me. Locking at lightbeams is not as appealing to me as sharp edges. On the other hand I will never live with bad lumination again so there will be upgrading when its called for.

You need to buy one 18650 light, then you can leave. :laughing:
NAH, I will stay here in a low intense way. Far to much knowledge here to ignore, a friendly place with a nice atmosfere. I take my chanses reading about flashligths as I always read about new rifles without geting the lust for a new one.

This weekend Ive been moosehunting and used my Fenix while going out to the post in the dark and also using it satturday night to skin a moosecalf after the dark had set. Plenty of light in a small package for a man used to do this with a mini maglite.

Bosse

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was trying to make "light" of the truth of it all.

Sometimes you come on a really great item quickly that just works well for you (lights, laptops, guns, tools, whatever). Other times it is truly a journey (costly at times) to find the item that is just right.

For me, it took me a while but I have found the perfect few lights for me for EDC use (Tri-V, BB Haiku w/ Neutral XP-G, Neutral Preon Revo DD), a handful of lights that are more collectors that are taken out every week or so to be played with and shone around and a few other "around the house" lights. I still like to play with new lights as they come out; some end up replacing the around the house light and some end up being catch and release and going right back up in the Marketplace.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
:shakehead Dude, you're obviously in denial! Reality check: You write and read on a flashlight forum = typical Flashaholic behaviour! :candle:

SoYCD
[...]
NAH, I will stay here in a low intense way. Far to much knowledge here to ignore, a friendly place with a nice atmosfere. I take my chanses reading about flashligths as I always read about new rifles without geting the lust for a new one.
[...]
Bosse

And when the new one only costs 30 to 100$ you still don't feel tempted??? We'll see where you're at in a few months. I'm sure there is something you don't have that you will all of a sudden need by then (low-low, extra runtime or throw, different interface... something :devil:)

nirrebosse

Newly Enlightened
Of course you are all right.
This will not be my last light.
The most probobal new bye is the Fenix HP 10 headlamp.
There could also be a 2 X AA light in my future mabye a Quark. There could even be a 4 or 8 AA lamp with great capasity and mabye another 1 X AA but with tvistfunktion since I like the size. But Besides the headlamp I doubt it actually. Rather use my money to be free from work being in the woods or mountains actually use my things.
I got the same feeling with the flashlight that I always had with my rifle and my ax. Good enough and no need to accumulate. But wait, I got 5 gränsfors axes, 1 gerber, 1 eastwing and a few ones I inherited from my grandfather. And one more 6,5X55 and a 22 lr. Yes this is a thin reed line. ;) But Im 45 it took me half a life to get my firt 4 flashlights and those 10 axes or my 100 knifes or 10 backpacks. Seams I should stay more in the nature and less on internet to stay safe from you lads :)

Bosse

Bosse

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course you are all right.
There could also be a 2 X AA light in my future mabye a Quark. There could even be a 4 or 8 AA lamp with great capasity and mabye another 1 X AA but with tvistfunktion since I like the size. But Besides the headlamp I doubt it actually. Rather use my money to be free from work being in the woods or mountains actually use my things.
I got the same feeling with the flashlight that I always had with my rifle and my ax. Good enough and no need to accumulate. But wait, I got 5 gränsfors axes, 1 gerber, 1 eastwing and a few ones I inherited from my grandfather. And one more 6,5X55 and a 22 lr. Yes this is a thin reed line. ;) But Im 45 it took me half a life to get my firt 4 flashlights and those 10 axes or my 100 knifes or 10 backpacks. Seams I should stay more in the nature and less on internet to stay safe from you lads :)

Bosse

Bosse

I knew it; you have the gene for survival equipment redundency like the rest of us :devil:

You're right: we should seel to use our equipment and having 30 of the same type of equipment means a lot of it does not see any usage. Diversity is a good thing; I don't have an axe yet...

Quest4fire

Enlightened
I,m glad to tell you I discovered I,m not to bad into this flashlight getto.

Of course not!

I read a lot and watched recentions and started to feel hungry for more.

O.K. it doesn't sound like moderation is in your future Mr. "Hungry for more" :devil:

I,m now happyly a mounth into this and is rather satisfied with what I got.

Heard that one before!

There could also be a 2 X AA light in my future mabye a Quark.

AH HAH!

My friend, a month in and though you only have two LED's and one incan flashlight you have bought a charger and invested in more than one kind of rechargeable battery! You got da fever!

Lastly.
Im not in danger of spending big money.Rather use my money to be free from work being in the woods or mountains actually use my things.

COMING SOON! In the B/S/T sections of blade and outdoor forums near you:
WANT TO SELL 9 backpacks and 99 knives to finance NEW hobby!!! :D

I look forward to hearing about your new purchases! Welcome fellow non-flashaholic!

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes we live in self denial. The fact that you posted your "findings" here speaks volume. Stop kidding yourself and get a grip on reality. Have a look at the McGizmo and HDS forums. :twothumbs