I Am A Maglite Fandude Oy Vey

yearnslow

Enlightened
I have a 2D ML300LX, when I first got it I couldn't believe the difference to the old versions.
I've had it for four years now (I think?) and it's a great.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Welcome ... big Maglite enthusiast / collector / modifier here too.

I prefer to leave the full sized C and D cells in mine, along with a paper shim to take out the battery rattle. Makes for an excellent self defense mechanism if you get attacked by a rabid dog or something equally as dangerous. That's one of the best things about a Maglite, and part of why it was originally marketed as a cop light. I have lots of smaller and lighter weight modern lights for when I want smaller and lighter weight.

I do have some newer Mags, but don't care for the UI. I like to modify the old "built like a tank" models. Lots of options for doing that.

BattleBrat

Newly Enlightened
Welcome ... big Maglite enthusiast / collector / modifier here too.

I prefer to leave the full sized C and D cells in mine, along with a paper shim to take out the battery rattle. Makes for an excellent self defense mechanism if you get attacked by a rabid dog or something equally as dangerous. That's one of the best things about a Maglite, and part of why it was originally marketed as a cop light. I have lots of smaller and lighter weight modern lights for when I want smaller and lighter weight.

I do have some newer Mags, but don't care for the UI. I like to modify the old "built like a tank" models. Lots of options for doing that.
Yes the under appreciated Maglite "Bonk" Factor