i cant belive ive been here for dang near 2 decades

fulee9999

Enlightened
here, have a thumbs up from Michael Knight
1653781850747.png

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I has been a while for me too, when i joined white 5/10mm leds just came out, and were the only white leds available, then a while latter first luxeon star came out, i still have one. in pr base for 3 cells, seems so dim today, and the color is nasty, but back then it was the latest brightest led. So much changed since then.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i kind of recal reading about the first led flashlight in a popaler science magazine or mechanics mag

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a relative youngster at 11yrs and alot has changed for sure. I still like hanging out here for the people even though many have jumped to fartbook. I like having everything in one place instead of having to jump from group to group.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I came in around the time we we transitioning from incandescent to led. I don't think will ever see a more amazing time in our hobby.60 lumens was blinding bright and 30-45 minutes of runtime was the norm And somehow we all survived 😁
Same.
This was right at that transitional time when new meets old. If you wanted runtime, it was LED. If you wanted serious output, it was Incandescent. And, you definitely sacrificed runtime. Used to EDC a Black Surefire C2 with the company's high-output lamp option. 120 lumens for 20 minutes. For very serious output, you had HID.

16 years for me. I recall being blown away by the 60 lumens (60! Count 'em!!!) produced by my first Surefire 6P. I remember exactly where I was when I first turned its tailcap switch, and what the beam illuminated. The revelation -- that there was more to light than Mags and my trusty Energizer 2C Sportsman (a holdover from Scouting) -- started me on my personal illumination journey. I joined this forum shortly thereafter, sometime around 2006 (although my original registration was lost in the Crash of 2010 or thereabouts). Even now, as I write this, the memory still brings a smile.

I still have that Surefire. The Xenon bulb has long since been upgraded to a high CRI Malkoff drop-in, fueled by a 2500 mAh 16650 cell. One thing though hasn't changed: I still smile when I use it.