I got my Nitecore EX10 today! WOW!!!

trickyvic

Newly Enlightened

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its up to you, I was just replying to Disco888 since he said he already had both 16340 and 14500.

I personally run Nimh Eneloops or Duracell 2650s, the performance is close enough to not make LiIon worth the expense and hassle for me in this particular application. See the charts in the link above. The Duracell 2650 AA nimh actually has a longer runtime than the AW rCr123.

Well, I've got a doo doo load of AA eneloops so I'm good then. Thanks

George

Disco888

Newly Enlightened
Cheers Dave,

My own fault had read reviews on both lights in their respective categories but hadn't noted the runtimes down----eventually see myself getting both-----think i'll start with D10 tho----will have to wait til next month as I'm over budget this month

Disco

net170

Newly Enlightened
I concur with the OP. I just received my EX10 R2. Inserting a 123 it worked ok, but there was a lot of stiction on the piston, hampering the UI. Cleaning and using a silicone lube made the UI fantastic. Compared to other lights that i own (SF LD4, SF E2d, Inova T3 (3 cell), Inova T5, Task force, and more) the EX10 is now my favorite EDC. Just ordered a D10 R2 with clips for both, looking forward to the D10. If the D10 is like the EX10 I will be so happy to keep both.

tuan209

Newly Enlightened
Pardon my ignorance, but do I just squirt some lube on the piston? I a noob to this ;).

callmaster

Enlightened
How resistant is the light to water? I'm planning to get one for a mate. When I say water, I mean rain and maybe for times when the light falls in water, etc.

Igor Porto

Enlightened
They're very water resistant, no rain can get inside and if you drop it in the water you can just grab it back and keep going. They're IPX-8 standard, that means it must resist 30 minutes inside 1 meter of water.
Keep in mind that you must keep the o'rings and threads lubed for ultimate water resistance.

net170

Newly Enlightened
Pardon my ignorance, but do I just squirt some lube on the piston? I a noob to this ;).
Tuan209, take apart your light, clean with isopropyl alcohol, use Radio Shack PTFE (64-2301) to lube the o-rings and piston sparingly. Enjoy your light.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of the first runs of the R2 EX10. I have had it for about 3 months I think...Something like that. I use it everyday for something and it has been great. It goes with me everywhere, I just replaced the first cell I put in it the other day. Lasted about 3 months with everyday use. I used to carry a eagle tac t10c2 put haven't even seen that light since I bought the EX10. I like the cr123 primaries over the AA, but that is all just preference. You can't go wrong with either light.

I would like to pick up a Extreme so I can pair it with my Glock easier. With the ex10 I have to turn it on first then draw and get my grip. Not that big of a deal since I hope I don't have to draw at all anyway. But just for incase purposes a tactical switch would be better.

I really need two lights, one that will tail stand and one with a tactical switch.:thumbsup:

madchild

Newly Enlightened
I ordered my EX10 R2 with clip from 4sevens.ca on Wednesday.. should be here early next week!!

sonicj

Newly Enlightened
Actually there was already a light with USB programmability created a few years ago but it's been forgotten. I believe a few units were made but it never caught on and it died out over time.

thats understandable as the need for a flashlight doesn't always occur at or near your computer desk. untethered programming however, would most definitely catch on imo! bluetooth transceivers are tiny, use relatively low power, and you probably already have a compatible graphical ui in your pocket already! im not a programmer so i don't know if this is correct or not; but i would think you could write the software in java which is cross platform (mac, pc, blackberry, iphone, etc), bluetooth is universal and wouldn't require special drivers or interface cables, and since its wireless, you wouldn't have to worry about water or other contaminants entering your light through a external port. retrofit driver boards could also be a possibility for lights with the available real estate!

Features:
- Program your flashlight from your bluetooth enabled smart phone.

sounds like a lumaholic's wet dream to me! :naughty: