I got my Sebenza back from Chris Reeve...

matt_j

Enlightened
I wanted something personal and with tribute to 911. I think it came out great. Chris and Anne Reeve did outstanding work on my old Sebbie.

sebbie1.jpg

Matt

J_Oei

Enlightened
That looks great. Chris always does great work!!

If you don't mine me asking, how much did it cost?

(I'm thinking maybe I'll get mine done, not a 9/11 tribute,
but something for a friend in the war)

matt_j

Enlightened
I already had a Sebbie so new handles and engraving were $260. It was pricy but worth every penny especially since my beaten up Sebenza came back looking like new.

Problem is that this is so nice and beautiful it will be part of my tuxedo EDC instead of everyday carry.

Matt

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeeze, I thought they engraved your old handles and I was thinking one-off and WAY more than 260.00. Looks fantastic. Put it in a box and buy a new one to use.

Commander

Enlightened
Great knife Matt! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Enjoy it!

[ QUOTE ]
xochi said:
Put it in a box and buy a new one to use.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO!

That knife is made to be used every day!

Geode

Enlightened
What a beauty! Another idea is to buy a different front scale and put on the 911 scale for special occasions. This whole idea of multiple scales is pretty appealing to me - Stars & Stripes is another good scale to have.

Spudman

Enlightened
Matt, you got to keep your old scales, didn't you? I'm getting a silver contrast graphic done on my old small classic and am getting a new front scale with the graphic. I think they could've used my old scale if I hadn't been getting a mother-of-pearl insert in the hole. Anyway, I'll get my old scale back with the work. Anyday now, I hope. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

I'll try to figure out posting pics before it gets here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Gary