I hates the waiting for my precious....

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I've mentioned, not out to damage any reputation, just wish for some straight answers and hoping you see it from our perspective.

I always thought you know my name through my orders and correspondences. :duh2:
I ordered Wee Ti and Raw Al. Shaun from Singapore.

I thought it was Shaun from Singapore I just needed conformation.
As you well know I had already dispatched your order, but unfortunately this has not arrived.
I have promised to resend your order as I do.
Just wanted to clarify that your order was in fact sent but appears lost in the postal services.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought it was Shaun from Singapore I just needed conformation.
As you well know I had already dispatched your order, but unfortunately this has not arrived.
I have promised to resend your order as I do.
Just wanted to clarify that your order was in fact sent but appears lost in the postal services.

Yup, it's me. You did update me that you'd sent my orders and promised to resend them, which I've thanked you for. Imagine all those wait to end it with a lost mail? :ohgeez:

I'm sure you have proof of postage but without tracking number, I can't trace it from my PO. And in all honesty, I never had any lost mails in my 11 years of online purchases and I wish I know what went wrong in the delivery. Will they return to the sender? Was my address correct? Will it appear months later? are some of the questions that crossed my mind. In the end, I guess I'm kind of tired of the wait and just accepted your gracious offer for a resend. I've also stated that should both packages turn up, I will return one of them. Sorry I didn't realise you need more time since you didn't reply to my last email... :thinking:

fyrstormer

Banned
Maybe some customs inspector opened it to check the contents and decided he'd better retain it for further study.

If my orders weren't being shipped from one country that I know respects personal privacy and property to another that also does, there's no way in hell I would send something like a Lummi flashlight through the mail; I would use UPS, or DHL, or whatever else was available. No matter how much extra it costs to ship that way, it can't cost as much as a whole new flashlight.

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe some customs inspector opened it to check the contents and decided he'd better retain it for further study.

Never happened, even so, I'm sure it'll take a second for him to know it's a flashlight. Besides, I received a Raw NS, Raw Orb and God knows how many other lights (in all shapes and sizes) with no problem in the past.

If my orders weren't being shipped from one country that I know respects personal privacy and property to another that also does, there's no way in hell I would send something like a Lummi flashlight through the mail; I would use UPS, or DHL, or whatever else was available. No matter how much extra it costs to ship that way, it can't cost as much as a whole new flashlight.

Agree. So far, none of my parcels are inspected, well, as far as I can tell. Both country's POs have good track records, it's not like we're sending to some isolated town in northern Russia. Perhaps it's my negligence for failing to realise Lummi didn't include tracking as part of the delivery, but I wonder if it would make any difference if I had since my last purchase from Lummi and other UK sellers (like London Lad) was delivered without a hitch. :thinking:

Last edited:

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Need I remind everyone that at the moment the UK postal service is being repeatedly crippled by strikes. I have had packages delayed quite a bit by this. This also affects outgoing international mail!

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Need I remind everyone that at the moment the UK postal service is being repeatedly crippled by strikes. I have had packages delayed quite a bit by this. This also affects outgoing international mail!

Backlog due to strike is two million packages and letters at present - a package sent to me from another UK city last week first class has yet to reach me.

Talk about bad timing!!!

CaveDude

Newly Enlightened
Wow, just when we thought things would turn around.:knight:
Then again, it DOES give Rob a good excuse to go "on vacation" (maybe the strike hasn't spread across the rest of Europe yet).

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast

Unbelievable in today's economy! Although I don't know the specifics, people should be thankful to have a job. No raises for me this past year, lots of attrition around me too. I couldn't imagine striking.

Last edited:

Nightstalker1993

Newly Enlightened
Woohoo!

This just arrived in the post 30 mins ago! haha.

P1020646Medium.jpg

worth my 4-months wait!

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did manage to get some orders out last week & this week. Mostly those who ordered the Neutral option.
It remains a slow but steady process & unfortunately will be set back next week as I will be away.
Worth a mention that this is not a holiday.
I will be trying to keep on top of emails whilst away & will be back on the 28th Sept.

I have had a good number of supportive emails regarding this thread which are much appreciated. :thanks:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's great to see that progress is made. Enjoy your mini pocket rocket(s), Nightstalker. ;)

Nightstalker1993

Newly Enlightened
The 100 lumens version to be exact :D

can't turn it on more than 2-3 minutes, else it gets too hot to hold! :crazy: :poof:

oh well, rarely use it for more than 30 seconds anyway. lol.

Anyway, greetings from Malaysia! :wave:
P1020662Medium2.jpg

currently serving as a necklace, a WOW light, and a light when i'm searching for stuff in my bag. :laughing:

battery life ain't a problem for me as i bring the spare batt wherever i go :D

dyschan

Newly Enlightened
Rob, it's good to hear from you here since you didn't reply to my last email. That's the case, I shall also be as forthright in this thread as well, in replying to your post directly below...

I think it's better you reply here so that all affected parties know what's going on instead of second guessing.

What's that time frame and when will it happen? There was a lot of broken promises. So, how in the world, can we confirm "this is accurate & will happen"?

That we do understand and empathize, that's why we have the patience to wait for more than half a year. But Rob, when will it end?

I'm pretty understanding up till this point as you've read my correspondences with you. I didn't vent nor was I rude, I was very thankful to you each time you promise delivery eventhough it didn't happen every time. We love your stuff and had great dealings with you in the past (or we'll not order in the first place, isn't it?). Any lesser person would definitely get a Jeer. But the fact of the matter is our deliveries are not met and it doesn't instill confidence since the deadline is variable. To make matter worse, as EngrPaul has mentioned, we noticed you are actively doing other stuff like new projects, blog as such instead of settling old orders. How would you feel in our shoes?

I'm not sure about the rest, but I'm willing to wait a bit more simply because we have come so far already... And also in hope that very soon we have happy endings, all deliveries met and we continue to enjoy our time with you here.

I understand your predicament, some of which you have no control over. That's why we waited. I'm a business owner myself, so I understand in the real business world, clients don't give a damn if your supplier let you down behind the scene. They want delivery, on time. Period. It's brutal, if I'm not as good as my word, they'll bring their business elsewhere, for good.

As much as I see that you're a victim of circumstances, we are the real victims here. Any frustration you witness here is the result:
A) ordering stuff on your site which stated they are available but it turned out not to be
B) Told there has to be delay caused by lack of trits
C) After the wait of trits, then told there'll be further delay caused by the lack of batts
D) After the wait for batts, then told there'll be delay because you need time off with family
E) Promises of delivery that never happen.
So, as humans, do you think our frustration is justified? Any "damage" if you called it, is the by-product of it.

I hope you don't see this post as provocative or "damaging", I'm only trying to state the situation in a matter-of-fact and open manner. That said, I still have a little faith left to wait a bit more. Please keep us updated here in a way we see results. Thanks.

Not sure if this is only for certain countries, but I had my order placed in April 09, and despite repetitive assurance from Rob of shipments in prior months, no receipt of goods yet. How much faith should one have in a standard "order, pay and deliver" order?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if this is only for certain countries, but I had my order placed in April 09, and despite repetitive assurance from Rob of shipments in prior months, no receipt of goods yet. How much faith should one have in a standard "order, pay and deliver" order?

For Lummi products, only Rob can tell.
I'm still waiting for mine.