I hates the waiting for my precious....

dyschan

Newly Enlightened
Do you think he will deliver, or just an attempt where sales/marketing promised and don't deliver, or in this case, still trying to deliver after repetitive promises? when did you place your order?

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dyschan, I have made numerous recent posts regarding delays & answer many emails everyday in the same reference.
I have a long standing good reputation here & always deliver my product.
I am asking for customers who are waiting to bear with me a while longer whilst I can get enough components together & dispatch all current back orders.
I am pulling the situation together & October will see many back orders delivered.

HarveyRich

Enlightened
I placed my order on April 14. Rob does answer email in a very timely manner despite the problems with delivery this year. In his last email to me he indicated that early October would be a realistic time frame. Although I am frustrated too since I would certainly love to see my Raw and Wee in my possession; personally, I think we ought to cut him some more slack--through October and see what happens. I'm sure there are many people in this position who are willing to wait because of the high quality and excellent pricing of his nearly unique products.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you think he will deliver, or just an attempt where sales/marketing promised and don't deliver, or in this case, still trying to deliver after repetitive promises? when did you place your order?

My order was placed in February although there's an issue of lost delivery. :shrug:

dyschan, I suggest you have a little more patience and wait through Oct. This issue you have brought up had been brought up before, and Rob has promised settlement in October. I feel the wait is coming to an end this time... true or not, we need just to wait a little while longer to find out.

kturnbull

Newly Enlightened
I wouldn't mind the wait so much if I had been told about it, even hinted. I know some of you have waited a LOT longer than I have, and I'm amazed at your patience.

I emailed Rob prior to ordering and asked if the Raw SS would be available without too much delay, and was promised a turnaround time of within 7 days after order. (If I had known this might be up to 6+ months delay I'm almost positive I would not have ordered).

The auto email I get after ordering lists 10-15 days turnaround. Fine, I wait 2 weeks and email another inquiry. Item is on backorder with no expected turnaround other than "September will see a big improvement on getting all back orders dispatched."

September is gone, and no email.

I'm not angry or anything, just annoyed. I hatesssesss the waiting. My preciouuuuss...

banane

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
i am a flashaholic from Germany. I ordered 2 Raw NS at 05.06.2009 and i am still waiting. I have no Problem to wait if i get this info before i place my Order. I get 4 Mails with the promise "We deliver in 10-15 days", but i get no lights till today.:(
Best Regards
Stefan

Flenser

Newly Enlightened
I've been debating whether to post my latest experience with Rob, and finally decided that I'd want to read it if I were considering a purchase, so here it is. I'd put it in the Jeer thread, but it annoys me to have to create another account for Marketplace.

June 21... I ordered a Raw Ti, batteries and clips. Since I had purchased a Raw and Wee NS combo in the past, I was aware of possible battery holdups, so I emailed Rob and asked to be mailed the lights and I would get the batteries from AW or elsewhere. Rob replied that he'd mail the order without batteries and charger "this week".

June 30... A week later I inquired again since I hadn't received an email indicating that it had shipped. Rob replied that he was hoping the batteries would have arrived so he could ship the whole order. I said I'd rather not wait; he replied that he'd ship the Raw Ti "this week".

July 7... Another inquiry. Rob replies that he'd dispatch the Raw Ti "later today". I emailed a few days later since I hadn't gotten an email saying it was mailed, and Rob replied that he had dispatched the Raw Ti and the batteries and chargers were due in "next week".

July 26... I emailed Rob that I hadn't yet received the Raw Ti; the previous order had only taken about 10 days. I also asked if the batteries and charger had shipped. Rob replied that we should wait a total of 4 weeks before deciding the shipment had been lost. He didn't mention the batteries or charger.

August 11... I emailed Rob telling him I was going on holiday through the end of August and if the Raw Ti hadn't shown up by my return I'd like a Raw Ti resent. I also asked about the batteries. He replied that he'd resend the shipment at that point if I hadn't received it, and that he hadn't shipped the batteries until he had heard from me.

August 30... No package, so I requested the order be resent, with batteries, charger and clip as ordered. Rob said he'd mail it "during this week".

September 7... I finally give up and ask that Rob refund my payment if he is unable to send the package by the end of this week.

September 11... Rob emails me that he dispatched the order. I replied asking if the batteries, charger and clip was included. Rob replies that the whole order was included, except for the Raw SS clip which is "due in soon". That makes me want to weep.

September 22... I received the Raw Ti (absolutely beautiful) and emailed Rob that I had received it. I asked about when the Raw clip would ship and received an auto-response that Rob was on vacation.

At this point (October 8) I'm very happily EDCing the Raw Ti using a clip from my Raw NS. I absolutely love the Lummi products that I have, but I don't anticipate ordering anything further given the frustrating experience. Hopefully I'll receive the Raw SS clip at some point.

I notice that this is not a new issue. Check out the thread called Raw NS Ship Time.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
July 7... Another inquiry. Rob replies that he'd dispatch the Raw Ti "later today". I emailed a few days later since I hadn't gotten an email saying it was mailed, and Rob replied that he had dispatched the Raw Ti and the batteries and chargers were due in "next week".

July 26... I emailed Rob that I hadn't yet received the Raw Ti; the previous order had only taken about 10 days. I also asked if the batteries and charger had shipped. Rob replied that we should wait a total of 4 weeks before deciding the shipment had been lost. He didn't mention the batteries or charger.

August 11... I emailed Rob telling him I was going on holiday through the end of August and if the Raw Ti hadn't shown up by my return I'd like a Raw Ti resent. I also asked about the batteries. He replied that he'd resend the shipment at that point if I hadn't received it, and that he hadn't shipped the batteries until he had heard from me.

August 30... No package, so I requested the order be resent, with batteries, charger and clip as ordered. Rob said he'd mail it "during this week".

September 7... I finally give up and ask that Rob refund my payment if he is unable to send the package by the end of this week.

September 11... Rob emails me that he dispatched the order. I replied asking if the batteries, charger and clip was included. Rob replies that the whole order was included, except for the Raw SS clip which is "due in soon". That makes me want to weep.

September 22... I received the Raw Ti (absolutely beautiful) and emailed Rob that I had received it. I asked about when the Raw clip would ship and received an auto-response that Rob was on vacation.

Rob also informed me my first delivery was lost. And I'm still waiting for him to send my redelivery (Raw AL & Wee Ti). I think I'll wait till end of Oct.

Gravitron

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I am glad to see I was not alone. I had to wait 5 months for the battery portion of my Raw NS order. Rob said mine was lost in mail and he would resend. This happened 3 more times until I finally got my battery.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not a great time for postal services here.

This morning 48,000 postal workers walked out! Can't tell if either side will cave in any time soon - apparently a very large backlog has built up which will take weeks to sort out in certain areas.

Sad for them they're not getting what they desire and sad for those who are waiting for stuff and very sad for those whose business relies on the smooth running of the mail carriers. Couriers are much more expensive!

Sheesh! Merry Christmas everyone - get your cards out now! :party:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not a great time for postal services here.

This morning 48,000 postal workers walked out! Can't tell if either side will cave in any time soon - apparently a very large backlog has built up which will take weeks to sort out in certain areas.

Sad for them they're not getting what they desire and sad for those who are waiting for stuff and very sad for those whose business relies on the smooth running of the mail carriers. Couriers are much more expensive!

Sheesh! Merry Christmas everyone - get your cards out now! :party:

:wtf:
How about Fedex/DHL/UPS?

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wtf:
How about Fedex/DHL/UPS?

Not as far as I know. They are going to do well in the next couple of weeks! Never sent anything by courier myself. But people say it is much more for International - 30-40 pounds as opposed to less than a tenner!

I'll stick with the Post Office where I can.

Off topic - how come Tom Hanks didn't find a single torch in all the packages on his desert Island, with all the number of Flashaholics in the world?