I hates the waiting for my precious....

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been waiting on my blue & green trint Ag Wee. I'm cool with that.
The Ns and Wee's in stock usually ship sooner.
If you would like an immediate answer without emailing, he does have a phone and will take calls.:grin2: I called him this week; he's a good guy.

While he speaks perfect English, and after listening to him I am not sure what language we speak in the USA.:crackup: I felt like a "non English speaker" attempting to communicate with a native English speaker.

I have memories of the outstanding quality portrayed on "Wilkenson British Steel Razor blade" TV commercials. Those centuries of "metalurgy science"
show in such exquisite creations as the Orb, Raw, Ns and Wee!

As soon as somebody at Buckingham Palace becomes a "flash a holic", someday hopefully he will be known as "Sir Robert of Orb".

Jolly good show old chap:twothumbs
His contributions to LED technology are most praiseworthy

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
The wait is soooooooooooo worth it!!

I'm sure it will be. I am just too impatient :) It's worse when I can stop home and check for the mail a few times a day if I want too. Even when I KNOW it's not coming yet, I still keep checking and hoping :)

koopa

Newly Enlightened
Sigh, for those of you waiting for LUMMI RAW (all kinds):

"
Hello,
Unfortunately the batteries have been further delayed.
These are now set to dispatch to me on Friday (Tomorrow) this week.
I expect them to arrive with me by the 6th April.
Again I apologies for the delays which have been beyond my direct control.
It will be much appreciated for you to continue to be patient with us at this time.
Kind Regards
Rob @ Lummi

"

*smacks head*

Rob's communication has been good, and the torch is going to be amazing, but his website needs to reflect ACTUAL STOCK. I specifically configured my order to ship as soon as possible (white trits instead of blue, NS instead of something more exotic, not that I'm unhappy with those choices).

You're a crazy man Rob, you sell such amazing products, are very friendly, from what I read generous, you are well liked, but it seems that you really drop the ball on supply lines and ship dates! In my case, it could have all been made easier if I understood the batteries were not in stock, which you knew when I ordered, but didn't mention till I enquired about delays. Same again when the batteries were held up, I had to bug you after another deadline had expired before I found out, leaving this sense that if I DON'T email, I'd never know?

Fix it and I will personally make it my mission to get 5 of my friends to buy one of your torches, because the torches themselves are an easy sell! :)

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
koopa.. that is just seriously fked up!

thanks for informing this. as it seems lummi dont care enough to do it himself.

as again, i didnt get any email of this delay.

and i was CERTAIN the light would be shipped this week as there had been already two delays with the batteries.

and now one more again?

i am more and more supporting the idea of lummi changing ALL the drivers/lights to work with cr2 or cr123s (primaries and rechargables) -speciality battery is a pain in butt if there is months delay in getting them.

when i first got the news of original delay (in february) i asked for batteries elsewhere..and they did have them but the shipping time was 6-8 days and Rob promised that he would have them in 10 days and ship the light then.

so i voided that option in favor of lummi. BIG mistake in retrospect.

and then came another delay to 25th (yesterday). by the time i heard of that delay (by asking, not by him informing me) the batteries were also sold out from the other location.

and sold out also in every other location i know that has had them.

and now its 6th of next month?

..and after that has passed it probably changes to 25th april.. or june?

if im this annoyed waiting this long.. i cant imagine what ichoderso feels like if hes waited since december. i think after 6 months of waiting is full, full refund is in order and free light should be shipped when ever it is finished. HAH

To Lummi:

1. update everything in the webpage to the actual status. if something is not available let us know! webpage is updated 20th march and there is still no mention of there is no batteries available. havent been batteries for over month. plenty of time to update that info to the webpage frontpage. dont have people order and pay for things that cannot be shipped within reasonable timeframe. (to me personally, that was 2 weeks)

2. inform customers of changes of delivery times, delays, etc. automatically.

3. and consider seriously to change the design to accomodate more common batterytypes if the supply of the special ones is limited or as untrustworthy as it seems to currently be.

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
let me know how those emails with rob and aw come out, cuz if I can get my light here faster by having the batteries sent later, I'm down for that. I just ordered a couple extra 14250's from aw anyway to have them so no big deal either way.

Daylight

Newly Enlightened
koopa.. that is just seriously fked up!

thanks for informing this. as it seems lummi dont care enough to do it himself.

as again, i didnt get any email of this delay.

and i was CERTAIN the light would be shipped this week as there had been already two delays with the batteries.

and now one more again?

i am more and more supporting the idea of lummi changing ALL the drivers/lights to work with cr2 or cr123s (primaries and rechargables) -speciality battery is a pain in butt if there is months delay in getting them.

when i first got the news of original delay (in february) i asked for batteries elsewhere..and they did have them but the shipping time was 6-8 days and Rob promised that he would have them in 10 days and ship the light then.

so i voided that option in favor of lummi. BIG mistake in retrospect.

and then came another delay to 25th (yesterday). by the time i heard of that delay (by asking, not by him informing me) the batteries were also sold out from the other location.

and sold out also in every other location i know that has had them.

and now its 6th of next month?

..and after that has passed it probably changes to 25th april.. or june?

if im this annoyed waiting this long.. i cant imagine what ichoderso feels like if hes waited since december. i think after 6 months of waiting is full, full refund is in order and free light should be shipped when ever it is finished. HAH

To Lummi:

1. update everything in the webpage to the actual status. if something is not available let us know! webpage is updated 20th march and there is still no mention of there is no batteries available. havent been batteries for over month. plenty of time to update that info to the webpage frontpage. dont have people order and pay for things that cannot be shipped within reasonable timeframe. (to me personally, that was 2 weeks)

2. inform customers of changes of delivery times, delays, etc. automatically.

3. and consider seriously to change the design to accomodate more common batterytypes if the supply of the special ones is limited or as untrustworthy as it seems to currently be.

I agree with you nonsence, i'm still waiting since january!! and 2 months later when i though my wee was be shipped, rob said me blue trits are out of stock :mad:, i ordered wee ti blue trits and some spare parts, batteries included, and i don't see the day they arrived to me, i asked rob today...

Last edited:

Daylight

Newly Enlightened
Ok, today Rob has said me iceblue trits for my wee ti will be in stock on the 10th April, new delay...i hope this is the last wait

koopa

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
Thank you. Your order will be dispatched to you today.

Kind Regards
Rob @ www.Lummi.co.uk

Sent at 8:34am (London time) on Saturday 29th March. W00t! I presume post offices over there are open on weekends, ours aren't!

Only annoying thing is that he doesn't have the battery chargers in stock, so I'm going to have to manually charge the other batteries I bought with a timer and lab power supply (there goes the neighbourhood) :p

I read on a forum that ppl are successfully using CR2 primaries in RAW, but that at 3.0V, you only get 50 lumens max? Maybe a 3.6V lithium thionyl chloride battery would do the trick?

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,
I read on a forum that ppl are successfully using CR2 primaries in RAW, but that at 3.0V, you only get 50 lumens max? Maybe a 3.6V lithium thionyl chloride battery would do the trick?

The current generation of Raw uses a 14250 unprotected rechargable not RCR2 or CR2, they will not fit into the current Raw NS, Ti or AL. Saft makes a primary 14250 but I have not tried them so I can't really comment on their viability as a alternative to the rechargeable. The older style RAW uses the CR2 and RCR2 and yes it is not as bright using primaries.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
The current generation of Raw uses a 14250 unprotected rechargable not RCR2 or CR2, they will not fit into the current Raw NS, Ti or AL. Saft makes a primary 14250 but I have not tried them so I can't really comment on their viability as a alternative to the rechargeable. The older style RAW uses the CR2 and RCR2 and yes it is not as bright using primaries.
Hi Koopa,

As Olrac mentioned the current Raws use a 14250. A CR2 (15270) will not fit (the first 2 numbers are the diameter of the battery in mm, the second two are the length in mm). I use this charger or you can also use the Nano charger (You will need to use the small magnetic spacers with either one that Rob provides with the light). I highly recommend you pick up one of them. Here's a picture to illustrate Olac's point:

Cheers,
Steve

From L to R: CR2 Raw, Raw Al (14250), CR2 Primary, CR2 Rechargeable (RCR2), 14250 Primary, 14250 Rechargeable
Flashlights321.jpg

Last edited:

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
steve l: have you tested that Saft primary..? does it work in raw? with limited output only?

-just curious if one could use one in a pinch.
Hi NonSenCe,

It works Great, but with a lower output. I'm saving it for an emergency:sick2:.

Best Wishes,
Steve

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
cool. as i know those are available locally. for insane price but could get one as backup battery if needed.

and no, i dont think i need my raw to run on high.

about 20lm should plenty for such an tiny light for things i intend to use it.

thats why i chose 20/100 option. runtime is better on high if i happen to need it, and output should still be more than enough.

its going to be backup light/formal occasions toy/summertime small lightweight torch.

(that is if it doesnt turn on by "itself" on my pocket)

Last edited:

sunsync

Newly Enlightened
I had to cut away the plastic wrapper (label) from around the Saft battery in order to make it fit my 20/200 NS Raw. Not a problem since I carry it as a backup battery instead of the charger when traveling. However, the output appears to be cut by more than 50% when using a primary battery.

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
hmmm... I've got an Ultrafire WF-139 charger for my rcr123's, I hear that works on the 14250's... I've got AW 14250's on the way, and you guys have had good luck with your lights getting sent, perhaps it's time to email rob and see what we can get accomplished.