I hates the waiting for my precious....

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
i thought that wf139 was too powerful (too many milliamps of charging wasnt it 450-500mah?)

wf138 was supposed to be safer. (250mah?)

so it says in AWs thread in marketplace.

edit: i ordered Nano charger for my raw from DX on 18th and it arrived on 27th. (actually shipped in 1-3 days! a first from dx)

Last edited:

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
so now I'm just waiting for an email back from rob about getting my raw shipped without the batts and/or charger.

deusexaethera

Banned
Yep, I hear you! I'm waiting for mine too. I've heard of some guys getting theirs in less than a week, and others having to wait a while longer :sick2:. Hang in there, we'll get through this together!

Oh yeah, It's my first Lummi as well.
You never forget your first Lummi, amirite?

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
welp, talked to robb, just gonna wait til the 10th, when things should be in stock, since he wouldn't be able to get it out til the 6th at the earliest anyway, might as well wait a few more days and get it all at once I hope. :)

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
it came. ha haa. it came. hi hi. its cool he hee and small hah hah haa.. they are coming to take me away ha ha!

it weighs basically NOTHING! and lights the room great!

well worth the weight already.

(even with batteries that are under 4.0v.. lil hickup with charging)

Roger Beep

Newly Enlightened
Waiting for something is okay with me. Actually it is part of the fun.
What I don't like at all is to be left in the dark.

You order, get a confirmation that it will ship in a few days and then comm goes down it seems.
Now, that might work if you buy something for only a few $$, but if you shell out serious money like on these lights, the least that I would expect is some info on what to expect and some progress updates.

I seriously love the lights Orb makes, but he should work on his comm skills. That would keep his customers a lot happier and make the wait easier.

Just my 2 cents though...:rolleyes:

koopa

Newly Enlightened
Waiting for something is okay with me. Actually it is part of the fun.
What I don't like at all is to be left in the dark.

Exactly! Like, it wouldn't have annoyed me one BIT to have been told I would have to wait 2 months for this custom light, if they had a little graph bar of completion on the website, a little graphic of an airplane delivering it, kinda thing, so you could sense the progress. That would make it MORE special. Even if you took a YEAR Rob would still have buyers, the little lights are awesome!

It's just the "I'll get it by next thursday" next thursday arrives... "ok, better email Rob, probably being rude" Rob: Sorry, I couldn't forsee that my dog would eat all the tritium, there will be a one week wait, but didn't think to tell you about it till you bugged me. Me (thinks) "so I'm sposed to bug you, does that make my light come faster?"

And then after another few unforseeable delays (however ironically predictable they seem to be as an average), you're feeling quite miffed, because it's just that infantile "But I wanted it for XMAS/EASTER/CAMPING" thing in you, and you worry that by the time it turns up, you're gonna just be annoyed (though I don't think that's every happened to anyone by the time they actually saw a Raw/Wii/Sphee!)

So Rob, don't become any more reliable, just communicate first, associate each order with a due shipping and due arrive-at-door date, and shoot off an email the day before just informing/enquiring as to the status of the torch, and everyone would be SO much happier, and in my case, would send you a lot of business (I'm what you might call a pivotal torch nerd, what I recommend ends up being used by a lot of people in zoos, who pay extra for custom work... on TIME work...).

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
yeah, the waiting is ok, but I would like a bit better communication. I don't even need emails, just update the site correctly telling us what is out of stock/waiting on, so we can say "hmm.. out of chargers, and I have one of those in my order, it will probably be delayed...."

hearing from someone else who's been waiting 3 months and only heard that he's waiting on chargers and batteries cuz he bugged rob again, is a bit frustrating :)

Still can't WAIT to get my light

koopa

Newly Enlightened
She has arrived, and she's stunning, thanks Rob!! Will soon add my Sydney Australia photos to your international Lummi wall :)

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
lucky man... I got my batteries from AW today.. they sit here with my wf-139 taunting me... :nana: laughing at me as I await my baby...

deusexaethera

Banned
Well, this is promising; I too am waiting on my Raw Ti, plus locators for my Wee NS, and if people are starting to get their shipments, that means mine might actually leave on-time.

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
well, I think both koopa and nonscence asked rob to ship them without the batteries and/or chargers so they wouldn't have to wait as long.

deusexaethera

Banned
well, I think both koopa and nonscence asked rob to ship them without the batteries and/or chargers so they wouldn't have to wait as long.
I asked Rob to ship my Wee NS without locators so I'd get it sooner, but he's got to send me the locators eventually, and there's no sense wasting postage to send them separate from my larger order this time.

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
so anyone heard if rob actually got the batts and chargers and stuff friday like he was hoping? I'm waiting on an email reply from him about it, just wondered if anyone else heard before me.