I need a light to see house numbers at night from my vehicle

Mother Theresa

Newly Enlightened
I do night visits and need to be able to see house numbers from my car without waking up the occupants of the house if I guess wrong so need it bright but very compact beam and to fit into the door pocket if poss.

Over to you guys....

radioactive_man

Enlightened
Quark Turbo QB2A

Link removed as per the banner at the top of the page

Why has my link been removed? - Norm

205 lumens for 1.3 hours on 2 common AA batteries, 8800 lux@1m. Reasonably throwy, but not something that'll wake the whole neighborhood.

At which range do you need to see the house numbers? If the range is around 20 yards, a regular Quark would probably do.

Last edited by a moderator:

stevenkelby

Enlightened
I guess you want a thrower, all hotspot, no spill, but low powered.

1 x AA is cheap anmd easy. For less than $20 from Amazon you can get a Tank007 E07. 120 lumens for 90 minutes and a fairly narrow beam.

There are hundreds of options out there for you though :)

Mother Theresa

Newly Enlightened
20 yards is about right, I have a Fenix TK41 for home use but it spills way too much for this job.

Glock 22

Enlightened
Surefire Fury 500 lumens and believe it or not it has real good throw. You can get one for arounf $100 and the coolest thing about it is that you can run it on a 17670. It is a real good light my friend and I has one and we both really like the light. It will give you plenty of light to do what your wanting a light for.