i think i was kidnaped and left in England

raggie33

*the raggedier*
for real on my tv many channles have a tribute to the queen. my family left that place then fought a war againt them lol

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i think its the queens birthday or something lol . i think i just have a issue with authority figures lol .. on dads side we came on the mayflower to leave that place john alden is my ancseter ..btw spell check sucks on my laptop never even close to the word im trying to spell

strideredc

Enlightened
I know how you feel, I am English and a republican (means a different thing in the UK...Not Trump ;) or political parties)

After the Queen goes thing will be a changing over here..... at least I hope!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I thought it was her being on the throne for 70 years.

About 15 years ago I was tasked as lead inspector on a portion of a highway rehab project in order to smooth out the ride for Her Majesty's trip from the airport to Williamsburg VA where a 400th year celebration took place. It took about 4 years to complete but man was it smooooooth when finished.

The day she arrived I was near the airport and saw the motorcade go past. She waved at the crowd who had gathered where I was as the limo passed by. The limo was a Chevy Suburban with clear glass instead of all tinted, which I thought was a nice touch.

Not being into the Royalty thing it was still kinda cool to see the queen of England about 50 feet away as the parade of motorcycle cops surrounding the limo drove past.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought it was her being on the throne for 70 years.

About 15 years ago I was tasked as lead inspector on a portion of a highway rehab project in order to smooth out the ride for Her Majesty's trip from the airport to Williamsburg VA where a 400th year celebration took place. It took about 4 years to complete but man was it smooooooth when finished.

The day she arrived I was near the airport and saw the motorcade go past. She waved at the crowd who had gathered where I was as the limo passed by. The limo was a Chevy Suburban with clear glass instead of all tinted, which I thought was a nice touch.

Not being into the Royalty thing it was still kinda cool to see the queen of England about 50 feet away as the parade of motorcycle cops surrounding the limo drove past.
If a visit from the queen is what it takes to get the pot holes fixed, I'm all for it. I just wish they would keep meghan and harry markle in England…..maybe they could locked them in the dungeon in the basement of buckinham palace until meghan is queen?

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the closest that I ever got to Royalty!

Diana Funeral M1.png

Princess Diana's funeral passing on the M1 Motorway, I am the officer in the yellow jacket on the right.

chip100t

Enlightened
I grew up in wembley and in about 1982 Charles and Di needed somewhere to land their big red helicopter and did so in my primary school field. The whole school of a few hundred children and their teachers stood single file along the path that ran the lengh of the field. Both Charles and Diana slowly walked the entire length of the line smiling and saying hello to us.

Some years later a friend of mine who was a painter and decorator was working decorating in a hospital. When whilst stood in a service lift in his overalls dust sheets in arms the lift stopped and in got Diana. He said hello and up the lift went a couple of stops where Diana got out and he said goodbye. He thought she was secretly meeting some very sick patients. It was only some time later it came to light she was in a relationship ship with one of the surgeons there.

Last edited:

strideredc

Enlightened
Lest we all live in countries where you can boo, protest ect without being arrested or a knock on the door latter......for now 😉

The big zinger argument here is "well the royal family bring in so much money to the country"...

My answer is... " the pyramids bring in a lot for Egypt but there hasn't been any pharos about for ages 😉 "

I spent a lot of time back in the late 90s early 00s in Thailand, you have to be careful what you say out there or you really will be arrested!

NO ONE! is above question or ridicule.....

Reactions: xxo

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i never understood giving respect to someone who was born into there position .but ima odd old man

strideredc

Enlightened
i never understood giving respect to someone who was born into there position .but ima odd old man
Me neither, I was brought up by my mum to know you are as good as any other! we never doffed our caps or tugged our forlocks. Quite the opposite 😅

chip100t

Enlightened
I am not giving her respect for being born into her position but for the fact she has been exemplary in doing so. Many people in positions of power wether born into it or not abuse that power. Just think of all the sleaze that has surrounded many of our politicians, people who chose that life of power and were then elected by us the people.
As Billy Connolly said The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from becoming one.

She did not choose her position in life but accepted it as her duty. And has lived it the best anyone could have.

I think she deserves some respect for that.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
So say this Queen is given a month to live, is there a process within the family where one person or another puts in an application to be promoted to Queen? Or is that already decided? And what if say, the new Queen doesn't produce any daughters, does that mean a cousin gets the role?

chip100t

Enlightened
There is a line of succession. Prince Charles is next in line and will be King
Then Prince William after him. The wife of a King can be Queen but the husband of a Queen can not be King. Why Prince Philip was never King.