• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Identify a peak

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Not the best picture and I'm not real good with older peak lights. Anyone know what they are?

8-DDD861-D-9017-4-CA1-8977-907-C5-DC77-D79.jpg

archimedes

Flashaholic
Are those N cells ? Does it run on one, or two ? Do they have 5mm emitter(s) or a power LED ? How many emitters ? Optic or reflector ?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ummmm yes 😂😂. I haven't actually got them yet but good catch on the n cells! Did not see that.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
They look like Shasta or Baltic with the AAA body. I think all of the N cell bodies ae the same or very similar diameter as the corresponding heads.
it would be easier if we knew if they were 5mm led or not.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'll post more pictures when they show up. It was kind of a package deal with 6 older peaks.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Since the batteries are not in-plane with the flashlights, it is difficult to guess the perspective effect.

As jabe notes, it will depend on their relative diameters. Roughly, AAA ~ 10mm, N ~ 12mm, AA ~ 14mm.

Many of the older vintage Peaks had interchangeable battery host tubes, of different ID, but compatible threading.

dk21291

Newly Enlightened
That's the one 

Nice! Glad you bought it, I was on the fence so now my wallet can rest easy. As far as ID-ing the light, it looks a lot like this one I was sold. Seller said it was a Volcan, and this is the AAA tube. N cell and Eiger included for size reference

Edit; Mcbrat jogged my memory, seller said Volcan, not Vesuvius

DV1LkAK.jpg

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
That does look like it yes. Well I'll find out in a few days. Was on the fence as well but when the buyer sent me a offer it was a no brainer 😁

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Well near as I can figure going off that chart listing bezel diameter mine is a Pacific.Nice light will Need to get some 10440's and see what she can do.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well near as I can figure going off that chart listing bezel diameter mine is a Pacific.Nice light will Need to get some 10440's and see what she can do.
The bezel/heads are similar for Pacific and Baltic, but the Baltic was QTC and possible an optic instead of reflector. I don't have any left to look at....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Candlepowerforums mobile app

Robyn at Peak

Newly Enlightened
Not the best picture and I'm not real good with older peak lights. Anyone know what they are?

8-DDD861-D-9017-4-CA1-8977-907-C5-DC77-D79.jpg
Hi! Not sure if this was ever resolved .. hope this helps .. we only made two lights with that style head, the Baltic (approx .50 dia) and the Pacific (approx .75 dia) both were made with reflectors, both had multiple battery tubes available.

Robyn