If I Already Own a TM16, is it worth it to Buy a TM26?

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the TM26 as my high output light and it has features that make the price worth it for me.

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the logic behind it?

The MH20 works as an EDC light. The EC4 is an everyday household light. The TM16 is a search light for large forested areas....we live in the mountains. And the HC90 is my walk around, Winter night light because of how it throws it's light vs how a handheld throws it's light.

An EDC in the pocket and a headlamp on the head, between those two and my ears, I'm good for a healthy Fall/Wintertime night walk.

ven

Flashaholic
Imo owning neither(feel free to discredit) i think completely different lights, new tm26 i am sure is 4000lm and more a wall of light type. So can presume more floody over the tm16. Not only that, the battery orientation imo is far better,all + towards the head and can be locked out with a small turn of the tail cap. I have a passionate dislike for these tail caps with + & - ..........

Not only that, size, the tm26 is tiny,true tiny monster and for $200 which originally a $400 light,seems a pretty good bargain for what is still cutting edge with the display. Maybe a novelty for some,maybe not too accurate at some of the mode selections, but still useful and has a novelty element to it.

Then with pretty good run times in lower modes, makes for a useful(almost pocket-able........well depending on pockets i guess) search light.

For me 2 different lights, easily justifiable unless you wanted to try another brand /style out;)

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imo owning neither(feel free to discredit) i think completely different lights, new tm26 i am sure is 4000lm and more a wall of light type. So can presume more floody over the tm16. Not only that, the battery orientation imo is far better,all + towards the head and can be locked out with a small turn of the tail cap. I have a passionate dislike for these tail caps with + & - ..........

Not only that, size, the tm26 is tiny,true tiny monster and for $200 which originally a $400 light,seems a pretty good bargain for what is still cutting edge with the display. Maybe a novelty for some,maybe not too accurate at some of the mode selections, but still useful and has a novelty element to it.

Then with pretty good run times in lower modes, makes for a useful(almost pocket-able........well depending on pockets i guess) search light.

For me 2 different lights, easily justifiable unless you wanted to try another brand /style out;)

Ven explained very well why I have the TM26. :)

Latest posts