If you could only have one flashlight...

Bertrand

Newly Enlightened
My HDS lights are the perfect EDC's. I'd probably go with my Ra 170 clicky (I love my rotary, but the pocket clip gives the clicky the edge). Programmable and can utilize rechargeables. 170 lumens is enough for almost anything and the beam pattern is a good balance between flood and throw.

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
Would go with either my quark 123 or my g5. Goes from very low power to very strong throw. Has beacon, SOS and strobe for help and defense.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight H51w:

flashlight, headlamp, desk lamp, overhead light, utility light.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen this soon 2 years old thread before, but because I find it such a dilemma for a flashoholic to make the decision for only one, I have not yet answered. But I will now give it a try.

I base my choice on following criteria:

1: quality and durability
2: battery availability
3: beam character and tint
4: hold comfort
5: size

The result of these criteria then will be Fenix TK20. Likely the highest quality flashlight Fenix ever made. Superior hold comfort, very nice tint, bright spill, good throw, and usable with three different battery options as well primaries and rechargeables.

flashlight chronic

Enlightened
4sevens aa2 tactical because it's compact, lightweight, practical, water resistant, has very good runtime and can take lithiums, alkalines or rechargeables.

Last edited:

sydder

Newly Enlightened
Probably my Armytek Predator, simply because I the UI lets me program any level of light or mode that I need.

d7e7r7

Newly Enlightened
Definitely the Fenix PD31, just figured out that these are far better for opening bottles than any MAG-Lite i tried so far.

Cheers

RBR

How do open bottles using a flashlight?

jssp78

Newly Enlightened
Peak Logan 17500. I have a level 4 and a level 8 head plus.
The great thing is that I can use AAA, AA, CR123 and 17500.

mbw_151

Enlightened
I guess it would have to be my HDS EDC. Compact enough to carry, flexible enough with levels to match the tasks, durable, and reliable. Of all my lights, I use this one the most. I guess that's its own recommendation.

scrumpy

Newly Enlightened
My 12 year old battered DD Maglite.

Solid and adaptable. Small enough to carry in a coat or backpack, substantial enough to break glass or cosh the hell out of someone if required. Its currently got the TerraLUX 1000 lumen drop-in with super clear glass lens running off 2 x18650 via OscarDelta adaptor - super floody with 3 easily accessed light levels. Quite equally, if I didn't have access to a charger and wanted to run off stock cells available anywhere (nice long battery life) I keep a TTS 200 lumen Cree drop in stuffed in the foam in the tail-cap. All thats needed then is to drop the reflector back in and its back to focusable throw.

It also looks ace.

firelord777

Enlightened
Armytek Predator, good throw, flood, FLAT runtime, multi modes, micro outputs, strike bezel, durable finish and build and just seems fit as a survival light :)

John4570

Newly Enlightened
I'd go with my EDC, Laughing Rabbit's Proton Pro. Single AA, multi modes, excellent clip, easy UI, dimmable 100+ lumens, secondary red LED when you need very low illumination. What's not to like?