If you could only have one flashlight...

Chidwack

Enlightened
Of all the lights I own right now, the one I would last part with is my Fenix TK41.

LGT

Enlightened
HDS 140 twisty. Plenty of light for my needs. Adjustable UI,Runs on primary or rcr 123's. No tailcap switch to potentially fail, and it's tank like build just gives one the feeling of sturdiness and dependibility.

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
I'd go with my EDC, Laughing Rabbit's Proton Pro. Single AA, multi modes, excellent clip, easy UI, dimmable 100+ lumens, secondary red LED when you need very low illumination. What's not to like?

Yes, indeed -- this flashlight has a WONDERFUL, deep-pocket-carry clip ! ! ! :thumbsup:

Stainless-Steel, no less !

What's NOT to like ? ? ?

The too-low PWM rate, and the incredibly yukkie beam.

:(

And i really wish it started on LOW, and ramped UP, when using the White LED.

Oh, BTW -- Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:

_

haley1

Enlightened
arc AA, simple, light, reliable, always there. Not much to go wrong. Enough lumens for most uses, long bat life.

tacticaltony

Newly Enlightened
im new to the flashlight game, i only own 1 light, the surefire e2d led defender 200 luman max. but i think if i was only going to be limited to 1 flashlight i would get the pelican 8060 or 6080? led 190 luman max output and rechargeable with battery stick and charger and car charger included in a $160 package i believe. it can also take regular c batterys if the rechargeable battery is dead and you dont have time to recharge. also when charged it lasts 7 hours with a constant output of 190 lumans. its big like the 4 d maglite but its buil to take a beating because its the upgraded modle that the l.a.p.d colaberated with pelican to make.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
If we're talking about No resupply, you got a flashlight and you'd better enjoy it and it better not break, then I'm leaning towards a Malkoff Little Twisty with an M31WL dropin, about 40 AA Eneloops and a few redundant chargers and solar panels.
The infrastructure is a lot more of a hassle that the light.
I'd also like a handful of 1-10 ohm resistors to play with over the years with my light.

Mark-60

Newly Enlightened
Since I've had my Surefire 6P for 15+ years, I guess I'll just stick with that.

davyro

Enlightened
I was torn between my HDS 170T &my HDS Rotary 200 but in the end it had to be the rotary 200.I love the clicky UI & the beam profile of the 170T
but the rotary is so versatile & i've got instant light from 0.7 lumen up to 200 lumen,which ever level i prefer I can just turn it on at that level & the
more floody beam is great for close up tasks & it's got a good medium distance beam when on higher lumen settings & they're built like a tank:naughty:

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Hmm. I'd say my JetBeam PA10. With a 14500, it's rated at 650 lumens. But on a AA, it has all those extra modes-if I ever want to use those. I'm a wee bit partial to the XML emitters too.

meyeracing

Newly Enlightened
If you had to choose one flashlight for the rest of your life

If you had to choose one flashlight to use for the rest of your life, what would it be? Whether a EDC, spot, largrer handheld, or any other type. Just wondering what everybody would choose, I am new to the CPF community, I know its a very broad question but would like to see what you all have to say, thanks.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Re: If you had to choose one flashlight for the rest of your life

I could not do my job with one flashlight...so for me its like asking if I could only breath in, or out, which would I choose?

:D

Most people asking a question like that think that they want to buy a light, but think they might pick the wrong one...and that they will only buy one...so, they want to know what light is most likely to be "THE ONE".

In reality, its like asking which girl should you marry...we don't know who's right for YOU.

We'll all just tell you what WE like.

:D

Last edited:

meyeracing

Newly Enlightened
Re: If you had to choose one flashlight for the rest of your life

I understand, it is a broad question, I have a lot of flashlights not looking to see if I can find the one you know. Say in survival situation for the end of the worlders if you could only have one light because multiple lights may require different batteries resulting in more weight and less room for other necessities, what would you bring