Ikea Ladda, Duracell, or what NiMH?

tripplec

Enlightened
My assumption is that that is charging protocol if you have a dumb charger, you just set a timer for 16 hours and then remove the cells. I have been treating them like any other NiMH and charging them at 1000mA on my C9000 with no obvious issues.
Ahh, ok makes more sense as some applications are high current. A couple of amps in two way radios for one example when transmitting. They should take a good input current without issue. I've not run into in my charging either. Total mA in the cycle is close to the spec where the cells were low.

Thx

NiOOH

Enlightened
Just noticed the very low charge rate on those LADDA (post #14). Most of my cells are Eneloop or Duracell and didn't notice that specified. I am always charging a lot higher than that. It would take forever at 250mA charger setting.
This is the so-called "standard" charge at 0.1C (charging current set at 10% of battery capacity) for 14 hours. It is used by dumb chargers that are only timer controlled. Your batteries should be fully discharged before putting them through such a charge cycle.
You absolutely do not have to use standard charge. All NiMH batteries can be rapidly charged at 0.5C charging current, providing that the charger has proper termination based on voltage and/or temperature.