I'm bummed out. I was robbed in broad daylight.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I\'m bummed out. I was robbed in broad daylight

4sevens,

You may wish to be a bit careful about posting pictures/video of this guy--Don't know about Atlanta, but in other states courts have ordered store owners to remove photo's taken by security cameras from their store windows of burglars and such...

You may wish to liberally sprinkle the words "borrowed" and "alleged" around your posts to avoid libel laws. Seems to work for newspapers where they can write just about anything (true or not). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Bill

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

That is good advice.
Come on, really, he allegedly walked into 4-7's garage and allegedly stole the blower in broad daylight and allegedly got caught on video. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

If this dipstick wants to sue anyone I will make sure that the person he attempts to sue gets what little monetary and what major moral support I can provide. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Beamhead said:
PW, The "PC" term now is alleged Sasquatch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, my bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
[ QUOTE ]
Beamhead said:
PW, The "PC" term now is alleged Sasquatch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, my bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Allright I'll let you slide this time, just don't let it happen again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

I'm also wondering about the camera package used here. Those pics look considerably better than those from a regular NTSC video camera, so I'm guessing that it was a PC-based webcam setup...?

I'm shopping for a system for a relative right now, and I've decided that I'll probably go with a dedicated DVR rather than a PC since the latter is more prone to failure, crashes, etc.

Reptilezs

Enlightened

for those that cant read the thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif here is his earlier reply

[ QUOTE ]
4sevens said:
The cam is a dlink dcs-900. I picked it up for $50 after rebate
a couple years ago. It has a web interface that you use to
access all the settings. Optionally you can downlaod from Dlink
software that lets you configure everything on a client software
that will save the videos. I have it set to record movement only.

[/ QUOTE ]

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast

"alleged tresspasser aka sasquash, borrowed my blower without my permission, please return it asap, the leaves are beginning to fall"

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
senecaripple said:
"alleged tresspasser aka sasquash, borrowed my blower without my permission, please return it asap, the leaves are beginning to fall"

[/ QUOTE ]Just wait till the NAACP sues 4seven for emotional damage to its members and take 4seven's lawn mower away...

It's just weird, the, uh, person is driving around in a Nissan 240(I think), and he's waling into people's houses for leaf blowers...maybe the car is stolen too

Nick

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Reptilezs said:
for those that cant read the thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif here is his earlier reply

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so I missed it the first time. Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif

I've seen that camera in stores and I've actually contemplated buying one. It's a nice unit.

pradeep1

Enlightened

Sorry to hear about this. That guys looks scary. Post this a super-high-traffic site where people go daily looking for fun stuff - www.fark.com - you might get some hits or bites from that. Whereabouts in Atlanta do you live? I see you are a GA Tech person, wonderful! ChE '97

Schnotts

Newly Enlightened
I used to be in the Canadian army. Our LavIII's that the American army now uses (they call it something different) has a heat sensing targeting device attached to the 25 mm cannon. Just click the button and gun locks onto it pow! That would work great for you. It was likely sort out that idiots screwed up haircut too. Sorry about your loss. Hope they catch that idiot.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that's a serious security system.

W020060922579410671617.jpg

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeez,
I am glad that he didn't grab anything of higher value around the house.

It is good to see that the family is ok. Why can't this punk do this late at night when I am doing a flashlight run to your house. :twak:

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet video. You will catch him. I might get something like that. Thanks for posting.

The Atlanta PD have it rough. They are under enormous pressure to make the statistics look better year after year. One way to do that would be to actually reduce crime. They do that. If you had reduced crime all you could, could you think of any other ways to further improve the statistics? I'm sure you could. Do really believe the Atlanta burglary rate is the lowest it has been since 1967?

It also probably does not help morale that three Atlanta cops are now charged with burglary and murder for a death that happened during a botched drug raid.

Latest posts